Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny pacquiao-The World's Most Popular Athlete?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The figure is kind of deceiving. http://www.google.com/trends/?q=mann...ate=all&sort=0

Examine the data for yourself and see what conclusions you draw.

Lets look at some individual countries for those three athletes.

China, Puerto Rico, Mexico, UK, USA, Germany, India, Russia, Brasil, Spain, South Korea, Thailand, Japan

Of all those countries I just listed, the only one where Pac was googled more than Tiger or LeBron was Mexico...so from the original global search and further investigation on Google Trends for countries with boxing cultures and/or some of the largest global populations, we can draw one conclusion. Philippines really really loves the Pacman. I really can't say he is the most popular athlete in the world though, because the only places his searches are generated from a places with large populations of Filipinos abroad (Singapore, UAE, etc..). Most searched athlete in the world? Absolutely. But is by sheer volume from his home country more so than by the fact that he is actually the most popular athlete in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by LeoReyes View Post
      The figure is kind of deceiving. http://www.google.com/trends/?q=mann...ate=all&sort=0

Examine the data for yourself and see what conclusions you draw.

Lets look at some individual countries for those three athletes.

China, Puerto Rico, Mexico, UK, USA, Germany, India, Russia, Brasil, Spain, South Korea, Thailand, Japan

Of all those countries I just listed, the only one where Pac was googled more than Tiger or LeBron was Mexico...so from the original global search and further investigation on Google Trends for countries with boxing cultures and/or some of the largest global populations, we can draw one conclusion. Philippines really really loves the Pacman. I really can't say he is the most popular athlete in the world though, because the only places his searches are generated from a places with large populations of Filipinos abroad (Singapore, UAE, etc..). Most searched athlete in the world? Absolutely. But is by sheer volume from his home country more so than by the fact that he is actually the most popular athlete in the world.
      quote for truth

Comment

no way

his fame and money is based in america and the phillipines

the phillipines arent a big nation
        and he's not even that big of a start over here

his star has certainly dropped recently in light of the marquez fight and now the impression that he's ducking mayweather.

messi is probably the most "popular" athlete on the planet

Comment

I don't think so. Here in Europe, only boxing fans know him. Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, David Beckham, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzki are much more known!

Comment

the most popular athlete in the world is Leo Messi. That's not even debatable

Comment

Working...
            X