No announcement yet.

Hearn: There's actually 2 wildcard opponents for Joshua in April

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearn: There's actually 2 wildcard opponents for Joshua in April

This goes along with what most are saying with Wlad & Ward being the guys after that first wildcard remark. He does say one is a wildwildcard fight so take you pick if thats more likely to be Ward moving up from 175 or Wlad coming out of retirement at 42.

Any chance it could reasonably be someone besides these two? Could Vitali be one of these guys? Usyk to me doesn't seem so wildcard-ish, but maybe he could be since he's not been at HW yet.

It could be Dave Allen or Lucas Browne.

Comment

I think the wildcard is Ortiz, but surely thats gunna upset the Matchroom applecart if he jumps straight into a shot. The wild wildcard, going off Kugan saying "it sounds a bit optimistic" man, sounds like Vitali or Ward to me.

Comment

Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
          It could be Dave Allen or Lucas Browne.
          LOL I think Dave Allen is in Eddie's doghouse right now. Wouldn't be him for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Lennox Lewis.
            I'd sorta love that on the name value, but Lennox has gotta be over 50 now. And he's looking old as f#ck last I saw him. I think he damn near lost to Mickey Rourke on that speed bag how hard can you punch game.

Comment

I tossed out the long shot of Vitali on another thread. They got into a verbal exchange after the Wlad fight over a misunderstanding. Vitali was in training earlier this year for an exhibition with Lewis that never happened. He is 47 now and hasn’t fought in a long time. I can see Usyk or Wlad as a more likely opponent.

Comment

Why is this wildcard thing being banded about by Hearn? I thought Whyte was nailed on should he beat Chisora, what have I missed?

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  I think the wildcard is Ortiz, but surely thats gunna upset the Matchroom applecart if he jumps straight into a shot. The wild wildcard, going off Kugan saying "it sounds a bit optimistic" man, sounds like Vitali or Ward to me.
                  Is Ortiz a wildcard? He seems in play to me. Not at the top of the list or on the shortlist mind you, but on the list for sure.

Why do you think Vitali could be the wild wildcard? Anyone know if he's been training or anything? They do got that avenge the other guys L thing going on.

Wlad 1st L (KO by 11) to Purrity (Dec. 98)
                  Vitali W (KO11) over Purrity (Dec. 01)

Vitali 1st L (KO by 9) to Byrd (Apr. 00)
                  Wlad W (W12) over Byrd (Oct. 00)

Wlad 2nd L (KO by 2) to Sanders (Mar. 03)
                  Vitali W (KO4) over Sanders (Apr. 04)

Wlad 3rd L (KO by 5) to Brewster (Apr. 04) he avenged himself (KO6) in July 07

Lennox retired before Wlad avenged Vitali's 2nd L

Fury & Joshua still active & waiting for Vitali to come get them

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                    Why is this wildcard thing being banded about by Hearn?
                    I assume cuz no one is super excited for Whyte outside of Matchroom fanboys. And maybe more importantly cuz Whyte could lose to Del Boy.

Comment

Working...
                    X