Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why wasn't Andy Lee elite in the past MW era but is now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
    Anyone who thought Lee would even be the slightest threat isn't very bright
    That's harsh. Lee certainly has a punchers chance and isn't exactly unskilled. And GGG has shown the willingness to take a shot in order to give one. Does he have a great shot at beating GGG? No. But he's a live underdog.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      Where the hell is Andy Lee?
      Check the elite club, he should be there according to OP's claim..

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
        Why would you need to qualify a statement other people made? Because its clear that your interpretation might not be accurate. You're holding "great fight" to a ridiculous standard. Its a fight between two talented, aggressive and powerful middleweights. Does the "greatness" of the fight drop a couple pegs because Lee isn't as significant an opponent? Of course. But a great fight is a great fight and no one would turn off their tv or leave the arena afterwards and say to themselves it was not worth their time and/or money.
        Not to take this down a geeky road (though I can't help it as I was 1st in my class in Eng 101 and 102) but I cannot 'qualify' someone else's definition and/or context. You're asking me to explain their use of the phrase. That's not possible.

That aside, no...lol. Andy is not powerful, aggressive, or even particularly talented, though he is a middleweight so you got 1 out of 4 right. He's fought 3 opponents worth mentioning, 2 who he lost to, one who he had a draw with. That's zero notable wins on Lee's record. He doesn't belong in the ring with Golovkin.

I do like the guy as a fighter but if you need any proof of the above, I present exhibit A. I recommend getting a pillow and a blanket before starting it. You'll need them.

Comment

He isnt elite......

Comment

I had high hopes for him but his elite status has sailed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
              The general consensus seems to be that Jacobs is elite, but BJS, Lee are not despite their resumes being practically on par if not better than his.

Jacobs gets a pass for his 2 losses, they go completely ignored but Lee gets shyt on for all his and BJS gets no credit for being undefeated.

I'm failing to understand the logic here.

Beating Lee's leftovers and a career JMW (Mora), losing 2 times=Elite

Beating Lee, Monroe, Eubank Jr., undefeated=Club fighter

Drawing/ruining Quillin, knocking out Jackson, Korobov, can you really say Jacob's resume is that much better than Lee's? Again, Jacobs gets a pass for his losses, why not Lee?
              Basically what the other guy said, watch their actual fights instead of going off boxrec.

Many thought that Jacobs beat GGG but didn’t get the decision when fair heads wouldn’t have protested if he did.

Anyways C- troll thread.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
                That's harsh. Lee certainly has a punchers chance and isn't exactly unskilled. And GGG has shown the willingness to take a shot in order to give one. Does he have a great shot at beating GGG? No. But he's a live underdog.
                Lee certainly has a punchers chance against anyone, but if Lemieux couldn't hurt GGG, I doubt Lee can. But you're right, I was being harsh

Comment

he hasnt done anything for years...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    He's fought 3 opponents worth mentioning, 2 who he lost to, one who he had a draw with. That's zero notable wins on Lee's record.
                    Korobov was a good win

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                      Let me put it this way: elite fighters don't lose rounds. Jacobs has been fairly consistent in winning rounds. In his two loses he had a close card against GGG who is also elite and was up 3-1 rounds on Pirog before he got knocked out. He blitzed Quillin. His wins against Felcher and Traux were dominating KOs. Jacobs dominated Mora in the rematch. Right now I can't recall any other Jacobs fight that were close or where he wasn't clearly winning rounds.

Lee on the other hand struggles, same as BJS. Their own fight was a close one. Lee was only up by 1 round on Chavez before he lost. When he knocked out Korobov he was down on all the cards. He drew against Quillin. He knocked out Craig McEwan in 10 but the cards were nearly identical going into the 10th.

BJS is another fighter who wins but has too many close fights to call elite. He had a close fight with Eubank winning by SD. He got a MD against Lee. The Arkov fight was a close UD when it should have been a shut out. He had a good showing against Monroe, but that's about it so far.
                      Elite fighters don't lose rounds yet ggg went life and death with Ouma, Jacobs, admitted he lost ALL the rounds vs Brook, and drew with career JMW Canelo. Even vs Stevens, Murray, Monroe we saw these guys putting leather on ggg's face, the excuse being "he lets his opponents hit him"

There is no Ward, Mayweather of 160. The newest additions Canelo, Andrade, Charlo are barely getting acclimated.

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      I mean, yeah... if you're from another planet and are just trying to judge these guys based on reading their resume on Boxrec, I can see how one might make that assesment.

But uh.... the people who are saying Jacobs is pretty good and Lee and BJS are average? They're saying that because, ya know, they've watched them fight.

If you watched Quillin-Golovkin and BJS-Willie Monroe and didn't see a difference in BJS' skillset and Danny Jacobs'..... I can't help ya, buddy.
                      Quillin didn't fight ggg. You're going to pretend Lee didn't damage Quillin? Lee won the 2nd half of the fight, putting Quillin down hard, rocking him and out boxing him.

Monroe wasn't competitive against ggg? He wasn't putting leather on his face? Stevens wasn't landing either? What about Ouma? Lost every round against Brook, lost plenty vs Jacobs, lost plenty vs Canelo.

ggg gets touched up by practically everyone fights, he's not Ward. What fantasy world do you live in?

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                      Chavez jnr knocked out Lee. Jacobs murders Chavez jnr. To compare Lee to Jacobs is moronic
                      What achievement is that based on? Tell me, because Lee already damaged Quillin and that's Jacob's career defining win.

Comment

Working...
                      X