No announcement yet.

Hearn: There's actually 2 wildcard opponents for Joshua in April

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I assume cuz no one is super excited for Whyte outside of Matchroom fanboys. And maybe more importantly cuz Whyte could lose to Del Boy.
    Yeah I see the latter excuse as the most likely. Also Hearn knows how to put teasing quotes out there to generate some gossip and intrigue.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Is Ortiz a wildcard? He seems in play to me. Not at the top of the list or on the shortlist mind you, but on the list for sure.

Why do you think Vitali could be the wild wildcard? Anyone know if he's been training or anything? They do got that avenge the other guys L thing going on.

Wlad 1st L (KO by 11) to Purrity (Dec. 98)
      Vitali W (KO11) over Purrity (Dec. 01)

Vitali 1st L (KO by 9) to Byrd (Apr. 00)
      Wlad W (W12) over Byrd (Oct. 00)

Wlad 2nd L (KO by 2) to Sanders (Mar. 03)
      Vitali W (KO4) over Sanders (Apr. 04)

Wlad 3rd L (KO by 5) to Brewster (Apr. 04) he avenged himself (KO6) in July 07

Lennox retired before Wlad avenged Vitali's 2nd L

Fury & Joshua still active & waiting for Vitali to come get them
      Ortiz could be a wildcard as hes not Matchroom, not been in the possible names really.

Vitali, as Ghostofdempsey said, had some beef with Joshua after the Wlad fight, and there was talk of a Lewis exhibition until Lewis pulled out when Vitali was gunna take it more serious than anticipated.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        Ortiz could be a wildcard as hes not Matchroom, not been in the possible names really.
        But he's still arguably a top 5 guy. And there is the comparison thing going on where since Wilder fought him if Joshua can squash him quicker &/or easier its a good look for him angle to this matchup. He's definitely a guy I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he got called up for April. Don't expect it to happen, but its not gonna surprise me either.

Ward, Wlad or Vitali would surprise me. Usyk wouldn't surprise me, but I feel like he'd surprise most people.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
          Yeah I see the latter excuse as the most likely. Also Hearn knows how to put teasing quotes out there to generate some gossip and intrigue.
          It probably doesn't hurt him if he has more extra names floating around if/when the Wilder negotiations restart. I actually think Wilder is still the most likely opponent for the show even if most people don't.

Comment

i have more connections than that crazy guy on here who pretends hes with the wbc wba and ibf and i'm hearing amir khan is a possible opponent

Comment

Nick Webb or Dave Allen.

PPV doe.

Battle of Britain doe.

Real life Rocky doe.

AJ giving back to boxing doe.

Comment

I still think it's Ortiz or Pulev if Chisora beats Whyte

Comment

Working...
                X