Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Sounds Off on Luis Ortiz and His Team Over Joshua Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giant_king View Post
    We can go back and forth on this matter buddy but you know what the end result of all this is Joshua seems know to be fighting Ruiz which is not a good look for him.Joshua will look even more like a fighter who picks easy fights.
    That's how you want to present it. I guess Breazeale would be a better option?

Comment

Glad he exposed them.

Comment

Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
        This is what happens when you boast about how much you're making. Your opponent will want the right percentage to fight you.

25% is fair for an optional defense. That's $7.5 million if Joshua is making $30 million.

That being said, Ortiz still should have taken the $6 then $7 million. Especially since he claimed he would fight Joshua for whatever was offered...
        Floyd Mayweather didn't give his opponents anywhere near 25% after he hit the big time. He didn't give them anywhere near $6 or $7million either, btw, unless they were huge stars themselves like Manny and Conor.
        Last edited by kafkod; 05-01-2019, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Ortiz just won the PBC coward of the month award, Beyonce Wildher was voted second.

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
            I’ve heard a few people saying Ortiz and co. are too juiced up to accept this fight at short notice.
            If he's juicing still I'd assume they are smart enough to figure out how to pass a test within the time needed initially + hard stop using during VADA testing cuz they would have time to figure it out still if the fight got signed. So I tend to doubt this has anything to do with anything.

The only way mfers who are really juicing who know the f#ck what they are doing are getting caught is if they don't have prep time before a test.

But maybe they don't know wtf they are doing with juicing either idk.

Much to my surprise it seems like Big Baby realllllllly didn't f#cking know what he was doing or he was just super reckless for some reason. I still don't understand his situation for the life of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              Doesn't work like that Dave from Vancouver. Never has, never will. Ortiz wasn't in a position to demand anything. Anything over a few mil is fair to someone that has never made a mil for a fight.
              I agree with this here. 6 or 7 mil was a very good offer and should have been accepted regardless if he was 100% ready or not. He'll never see that kind of money again at this stage and age.

Comment

Cuban boxing school for ya. Ha ha

Comment

PBC are a cancer to boxing....they have no interest in turning there fighters in to future legends and they just seem to kept on the shelf and stagnate

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    Floyd Mayweather didn't give his opponents anywhere near 25% after he hit the big time. He didn't give them anywhere near $6 or $7million either, btw, unless they were huge stars themselves like Manny and Conor.
                    Floyd was making 40-50M and paying his opponents like 2M or less ....... no one cared because he’s American. I guess because Joshua is British he’s expected to give Wilder and Ortiz charity.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Doesn't work like that Dave from Vancouver. Never has, never will. Ortiz wasn't in a position to demand anything. Anything over a few mil is fair to someone that has never made a mil for a fight.
                      Actually, that's exactly how it works. Unless the fighter is desperate for a title shot, the money, or both, and is willing to accept anything. And, again, PBC fighters receive much more than their listed purse, so you don't know how much Ortiz has made in any of his fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X