Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Military People really Heroes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I respect them more than police. Combat takes a psychological strength not everybody has thats why I respect it.

Comment

I respect them more than police.

Comment

Doesnt matter why they do it. Whether its for s**t pay or maybe they just wanna blow someones head off or maybe they like the fact that the uniform gets them a lot off poontang.

What matters is, they do it!!!!!

Comment

Even though I disagree with a lot of military people about politics.....I would never question that they are heroes. Even the most redneck racist gun nut....if he served....I respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jury View Post
            Veterans deserve a ton of respect IMO.
            Agree!....

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
              A lot of them are heroes, and a good number of them are not.
              No, they are all hero's simply because we have a VOLUNTARY military. If you were forced into service, then maybe you would have a point.

The reality is, when you volunteer for service, you put yourself in harms way for a larger cause. That takes a lot of guts and it's easy for us who have never served to criticize the difference between someone who has been in actual combat and someone who hasn't.

My wife/ex wife is someone who served in combat, she served in a ship that was off the coast of the Arabian Peninsula and was arming and supplying troops in the region. While she never saw combat, she was most definitely in harms way, all by volunteering to serve.

Being a hero isn't just running into a burning building or being in actual combat. It's also being in support of those who are.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                No, they are all hero's simply because we have a VOLUNTARY military. If you were forced into service, then maybe you would have a point.

The reality is, when you volunteer for service, you put yourself in harms way for a larger cause. That takes a lot of guts and it's easy for us who have never served to criticize the difference between someone who has been in actual combat and someone who hasn't.
                Does this apply to terrorist organizations as well? As long as they're putting themselves at risk for a greater cause and joined voluntarily.

Comment

Originally posted by Kulilin View Post
                  Does this apply to terrorist organizations as well? As long as they're putting themselves at risk for a greater cause and joined voluntarily.
                  Oh here we go with this guy.

Comment

Oh here we go with this guy.
                    So all military personnel are heroes or not? You're the one who made a blanket statement attempting to categorize an entire group of individuals.

Comment

My wife/ex wife is someone who served in combat, she served in a ship that was off the coast of the Arabian Peninsula and was arming and supplying troops in the region. While she never saw combat, she was most definitely in harms way, all by volunteering to serve.

Being a hero isn't just running into a burning building or being in actual combat. It's also being in support of those who are.
                      Using your logic all police are heroes too. Coz they put their lives in harms way to protect us but police are not given due respect and gratitude compared to military. Military are called heroes but police are called pigs.

Comment

Working...
                      X