10 British Prospects You Didn't Know About

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 British Prospects You Didn't Know About

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/blog.php?b=2019

A brief description of 10 British prospects that are flying under the radar. This has been due for a while now so the likes of Skeete & Satchell have grown in popularity. Going to update & correct later on, just wanted to get it out there.

I've seen most of these boys on the undercards on sky / box nation I like smith the best I know he's only had 4 but he looks good , skeete ko'd a boy from my gym who was 3/0 at the time so I've been keeping my eye on him not sure how he will deal with a strong fighter who can get in close but he's got huge height and reach for the weight so will cause people problems . I'm not sure if any of these boys will go to the very top though IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesv3 View Post
      I've seen most of these boys on the undercards on sky / box nation I like smith the best I know he's only had 4 but he looks good , skeete ko'd a boy from my gym who was 3/0 at the time so I've been keeping my eye on him not sure how he will deal with a strong fighter who can get in close but he's got huge height and reach for the weight so will cause people problems . I'm not sure if any of these boys will go to the very top though IMO
      I think there are a couple who'll be our best fighters at one point.

Excluding Selkirk,27, Satchell,24, Skeete,24, the average age of the rest is 20. Like I said, I was late publishing it so a few will be more well known now and I have to keep a certain degree of proven ability too. There are some obscure but talented fighters like;

Chad Gaynor
      Jordan Gill
      Ahmet Patterson
      Hosea Burton
      Khalid Yafai
      Martin J. Ward
      Tommy Stubbs
      Gary Corcoran
      etc...

But they haven't really proven as much as the others so missed out.
      Last edited by D-MiZe; 10-14-2012, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Is Lewis Rees related to related to Gavin?

Comment

MiZe, who's that heavyweight who just made his debut? Short guy with a build like tyson?

Comment

I know one of these boys personally. Ive sparred him in the ring.

The only word i would use to describe him is "phantom". He is a complete phantom in the ring. Very impressive fighter.

And if he is reading this he will have an idea who i am because hes heard me call him "phantom" lol
            Last edited by i_am_a_champ; 10-15-2012, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              MiZe, who's that heavyweight who just made his debut? Short guy with a build like tyson?
              Tommy Ward?

Comment

Maybe throw Johnny Garton in there...?

Won 5 (KO 1), lost 0 (KO 0), drawn 0.

Comment

Originally posted by J.R View Post
                  Maybe throw Johnny Garton in there...?

Won 5 (KO 1), lost 0 (KO 0), drawn 0.

I like the ' Pexican ' but those guys are on another level to him.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    I like the ' Pexican ' but those guys are on another level to him.

100% agree, but gotta show him some love.

Comment

Working...
                    X