No announcement yet.

Why Do Jews Not Acknowledge Christ?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    No he didn't. The Jesus character was a Jew. Paul invented christianity.
    Would there be Christianity without Jesus?

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      What supernatural beliefs do buddhists have?
      Karma, reincarnation etc.

When it is stripped of all of the supernatural elements, it is known as a philosophy.

Here is one of the three definitions of religion

A pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.
      "consumerism is the new religion"
      Yes, the metaphorical sense which was just mentioned.

Hit the books siablo and Furn your pretentious understanding of the world is subpar.
      You quoted me, not Furn.

You also shouldn't tell people to hit the books when you haven't done so yourself. You tried to use buddhism as an example, yet are not even aware of the supernatural elements of buddhism - or that it is considered a simple philosophy (not a religion) when they are stripped away.

Comment

Christians today don't practice Jewish customs or observe Jewish holidays. Jesus did. When asked if he came to abolish the law what did he say?
        He came to fulfill it. Christians are allowed to practice Jewish holidays and customs. There is no rule against it.

Jesus didn't even attend synagogue in the Jewish fashion. He preached the entire time against what the Jews were saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
          He came to fulfill it. Christians are allowed to practice Jewish holidays and customs. There is no rule against it.

Jesus didn't even attend synagogue in the Jewish fashion. He preached the entire time against what the Jews were saying.
          He preached against what the hypocrites were saying. And you don't know if he ever attended a synagogue or not. Large parts of his life are missing. If we go by the gospels then we're looking at less than 1/4 of his life.

Comment

There is no parallel between the Jim Jones Massacre and Jesus' disciples deaths.

1. In the 70s you weren't persecuted for being a Christian. In the first century AD you were. Big time.
            2. They killed themselves before Jim Jones did. He was the last to die. Jesus was crucified then years later his disciples were murdered for spreading his message.
            3. Jim Jones had brainwashed the people into thinking that the government was going to torture and murder them.
            4. I don't really understand why you brought up Jim Jones. What similarities are there between Jesus and his disciples and what happened with Jim Jones and Jonestown?
            -Jim Jones was an atheist who preached there was no God. Whereas Jesus preached that he was the Son of God.

http://sanderson1611.blogspot.com/20...ndamental.html

-The 900 people share no parallels with the Disciples. They weren't tortured to death and weren't taking any risks in going around the world preaching the Gospels like the Disciples did. In fact they didn't go around the world and preach at all. According to Jones, 90% of them were atheists.
            - Jones never performed miracles. Something very key to a supernatural being.
            -Jesus loved everyone. Jones had people killed on an airstrip that tried to leave.

Could you please explain how the Jonestown incident and the persecution of Jesus' disciples are similar?
            I never said they were similar...you asked

It comes down to whether or not you think they were lying. Ask yourself before you decide, what did they have to gain?

I asked the same. Basically what I am saying is that people choose to follow for different reasons and that they do does not make anyone a God. There was a Charles Manson follower who believed Manson was God. What did she have to gain? You are obviously a very deeply religious person and I in no way will try to change any of your beliefs. Some just have different views about that.

Comment

He preached against what the hypocrites were saying. And you don't know if he ever attended a synagogue or not. Large parts of his life are missing. If we go by the gospels then we're looking at less than 1/4 of his life.
              I've read the Gospel's and they specifically say that Jesus attended synagogue.

Luke 4:16
              Matthew 4:23

Comment

Why The Jews Hate Jesus Christ

http://www.realzionistnews.com/?p=34

Every year at Christmas time we see advertisements to come and hear “Handel’s Messiah.” We all have that wonderful chorus ringing in our ears during the Yuletide season, “For Unto Us A Child Is Born.”

Yet the Jews in their pig-headedness will tell you, “Jesus Christ was an imposter.” The best amongst the Jews will tell you, “Jesus Christ was a great teacher but not the Messiah.” Or the worst amongst the Jews will tell you, “Jesus Christ was a magician.” But when push comes to shove the Jews will finally say, “I was born a Jew and I will die a Jew.” (What they mean is, “I will never become a Goy.”)

I was raised as a Jew. Both my parents were Jews. I started attending Hebrew school as a toddler. We were forbidden to read the New Testament.

I recall in our 10th grade Sabbath School class of Comparative Religions being told by Mrs. Schecter, “Christianity was invented by a manic depressant named Saul of Tarsus. Therefore we are not even going to bother studying Christianity. We will now go on to the study of Buddhism.”

I was disappointed. I at least wanted to know something about the religion we were not supposed to believe in. Basically we were told in our Jewish circles, “Jesus Christ is for the Gentiles not for us Jews.”

It wasn’t until I started college in 1968 that I was able to buy a New Testament and read about Jesus Christ. I was amazed at how “Jewish” the New Testament was.

And I simply fell in love with the personage of Jesus Christ - what with Him going out to the people, speaking to them in parables, and healing and working incredible miracles.

Most of all I felt deep inside of me that He was one of our own and that he was not just for the Gentiles but for we Jews - yes, primarily, that is “first,” for us Jews. Actually, I wanted Him to be primarily for me.

Soon after my conversion, I joined the Jews For Jesus Movement and hit the streets with tracts like, “Jesus Made Me Kosher,” and, “If Only The Rabbis Knew How Wrong They Are.” Most of the Jews I encountered on the streets were not at all open to even consider the claims of Jesus Christ. One was defeated before he even began.

If they admitted something was true about what you were telling them, the next minute they would contradict it.

I think St Paul was right when he said about the Jews, “You have found yourselves unworthy of the Kingdom of Heaven, from now on I go to the Gentiles!” He also said about them, “They are contrary to all men.” Something perhaps some of you have experienced too?

I HAVE NOW FOUND MYSELF some 38 years later since my conversion to Christianity realizing that the question of Jewish Unbelief goes beyond the Jews’ refusal to believe - to something much deeper, something actually quite sinister.

It’s almost as if their unbelief is not really that, (for it makes them the guilty ones does it not?), - where they are forced to respond, “This belief of yours in Jesus Christ is not something that we subscribe to.”

In other words, it is a defensive position, a position the Jews don’t like to be in. Why? The Jews have an obsession for control - they love, nay, they must, be in charge.

And so we see the Jews moving their negation of Jesus Christ into an outright warfare against Him.

Now they are in control and no longer guilty of unbelief but on a campaign of imposing their will on everyone around them. And this is confirmed by St Paul when he says, “They are the enemies of the Cross.” (Philippians 3).

Do we not see this enmity, that is, their outright warfare against Jesus Christ all around us? From the time the Jews got off the boat on Ellis Island they began their warfare against Jesus Christ by litigating against prayer and Bible reading in America’s Public Schools.

Why do the Jews hate Jesus Christ so much? He Who performed so many miracles for them, healing their sick, their blind, their paralyzed, and then, even raising their dead? Why do the Jews hate Jesus Christ so much that they stop their ears from hearing about Him, and now stopping everyone else’s ears as well? I will tell you.

The Jews hate Jesus Christ because they do not like being in a position of “weakness.” For one to come to Jesus Christ he has to admit that he has sinned and in need of a Saviour and therefore must repent and correct his conduct.

The Jews find this absolutely abhorrent. The Jews do not want a Saviour. They do not believe they have ever sinned. They do not see any need to repent of anything. The Jews simply abhor the idea of getting down on their knees.

Those amongst them, that is, the rabbis & their admirers, who are looking for a “messiah,” want him to be the conqueror of the nations and put them in charge of the world.

There is no such thing as repentance in this their “messianic hope.” And this rabbinic “messianic hope” of conquering the Goyim, funnels down to the secular Jews who give tacit submission to the rabbis.

Jesus Christ was crucified by the Jews. This is an historical fact. For the Jewish leaders brought Jesus Christ to Pontius Pilate with trumped up charges of subversive teachings against the Romans - even when they heard Him say, “Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s.”

It is historical fact that Pilate wished to release Jesus Christ but the Jews insisted, “Crucify Him! Crucify Him! His blood be upon us and upon our children!”

Indeed every Jew who persists in his hatred of Jesus Christ, especially the “new enemies” of the Cross:

The Jews of the ACLU; the Jews of the Neoconservative movement; the Jews who run the Media and Madison Avenue; the Jews who run Hollywood with their filth, their vile promotion of fornication, ****sexuality, and lesbianism.

AND - The Jews who run the Federal Reserve Bank who had John F Kennedy assassinated for signing a bill to have Congress utilize their constitutional mandate to print money without interest; and so on and so forth ad infinitum - has the blood of Jesus Christ on his head and on the heads of his spoiled, pampered, haughty children.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                  I never said they were similar...you asked

It comes down to whether or not you think they were lying. Ask yourself before you decide, what did they have to gain?

I asked the same. Basically what I am saying is that people choose to follow for different reasons and that they do does not make anyone a God. There was a Charles Manson follower who believed Manson was God. What did she have to gain? You are obviously a very deeply religious person and I in no way will try to change any of your beliefs. Some just have different views about that.
                  I am asking how they are similar because you used it as a parallel to ask the question of what those 900 had to gain. There are no similarities. They weren't even Christians.

Manson used drugs and mind control to brainwash his followers. I wouldn't be surprised if they thought he was Nixon.

Manson never did anything supernatural and his followers weren't being tortured. It is one thing to tell a lie, it is another thing to stick to your story after being put through torture. That's what I am getting at. Why stick to your story even though you are being tortured? Especially if it is a lie?

Comment

I've read the Gospel's and they specifically say that Jesus attended synagogue.

Luke 4:16
                    Matthew 4:23
                    Didn't you just say he never attended? How much of Jesus life did the Gospels cover?

Comment

Didn't you just say he never attended? How much of Jesus life did the Gospels cover?
                      No. I said he never attended in the typical Jewish fashion.

It isn't typical for a Jew to stand up and preach that the Jews are hypocrites and that he is the Son of God.

The Gospels didn't even cover 1/100th of Jesus' life. At the end of John, John says that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

The Gospels don't have to recount every single thing Jesus did in order for us to know he attended synagogue regularly.

Luke 4:16 clearly states it was Jesus' custom to go to synagogue.

Comment

Working...
                      X