No announcement yet.

But nobody knows who Wilder is doe!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghostofdempsey View Post
    sure you are. Wilder fans keep trying to defend this guy, insisting he is known and that he deserves a 50% split, but i just don’t get it. He has horrible form—poor defense, throws wild loopy haymakers, clumsy footwork, and he has feasted on a long string of overmatched no-hopers for his first 39 fights. He can’t draw large venues on his own or ppv events.

What’s the appeal to this guy? You being a floyd fan i have to question what you see in wilder, he is the complete opposite in terms of skill, ability and talent compared to mayweather of even lesser boxers. If you are a fan of boxers with all around skill, i can’t understand what anyone sees in wilder (or aj to be fair).
    what do i gain from selling wilder? All i did was say that it is the networks job to sell fighters..and you had no retort other then the top 4 selling fighters of all time who had to be sold by a network to get started..yall are to emotionally invested in things that make you 0 money

Comment

Wilder has had 1 PPV fight, A fight which Fury sold, In Wilder's home country

Wilder is a no draw, bum fighting fraud.

Comment

We get the point of the thread. "Look Deontay is on TV being interviewed so this proves his profile is growing, 50-50, A side in America" and all that bollocks.

But then they have had to pull their Breazeale fight off PPV. There is a big gulf in financial clout between Joshua and Wilder and that needs to be represented in any purse split. Wilder, his team and his fans dont want to deal in facts and figures about the draw that each of them are they just want to deal in fantasy land, comparing him to Mayweather and Pacquaio in popularity or using some internet search list or a Basketball game interview as proof that although Wilder hasnt been able to show he stands with Joshua financially he will in the future.

But then pull Breazeale off PPV.

Comment

You can’t compare early 2018 to now. The Ortiz/Fury fights and Joshua name has done marvels for Wilder, he just needs to keep doing what he is doing now.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            How is Danz more exposer??
            He would have fought Joshua, which gives him more exposure.

Try and keep up.

Comment

Only Charlie Z knows who he is

Comment

Thanks!!!!

Comment

They didn't have to "pull the Breazeale fight off PPV". Wilder was very vocal before that fight was finalized about wanting it on regular Showtime. Just because some fighters are only concerned with how much money they can wring out of their fans for mediocre fights, it doesn't mean all fighters are that way and certainly Deontay doesn't feel that way. His words:

"I've had a long relationship with Showtime. I consider these guys like family to me. We come a long way," he said. "I didn't feel like this fight was a pay-per-view fight. I feel when you have pay-per-view fights they are the special fights, like they're the ones you gotta see, like you'll miss your rent money to see the fight. I don't feel this fight is that type of situation and I don't want people to pay more than they have to pay. I'm the people's champion. I'm not trying to take more than what's due to me. I want to be fair to the people."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...reazeale-fight

As for AJ's financial clout, we've yet to see it in boxing's biggest market...and the June fight on DAZN isn't very likely to change that much. But, if it sells out it might be a sign of good things here for AJ.

But right now? AJ really has very little leverage when it comes to US numbers. He has never sold a ppv in the US and the Miller fight will be his first try at filling an arena here.

And that's why a fight, if it takes place here in the US, is indeed at best 50/50 fight where AJ is concerned. It was like that BEFORE Wilder did a ppv with Fury.

It might be worst for AJ now.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Thanks!!!!
                    No problem, you are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                      They didn't have to "pull the Breazeale fight off PPV". Wilder was very vocal before that fight was finalized about wanting it on regular Showtime. Just because some fighters are only concerned with how much money they can wring out of their fans for mediocre fights, it doesn't mean all fighters are that way and certainly Deontay doesn't feel that way. His words:

"I've had a long relationship with Showtime. I consider these guys like family to me. We come a long way," he said. "I didn't feel like this fight was a pay-per-view fight. I feel when you have pay-per-view fights they are the special fights, like they're the ones you gotta see, like you'll miss your rent money to see the fight. I don't feel this fight is that type of situation and I don't want people to pay more than they have to pay. I'm the people's champion. I'm not trying to take more than what's due to me. I want to be fair to the people."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...reazeale-fight

As for AJ's financial clout, we've yet to see it in boxing's biggest market...and the June fight on DAZN isn't very likely to change that much. But, if it sells out it might be a sign of good things here for AJ.

But right now? AJ really has very little leverage when it comes to US numbers. He has never sold a ppv in the US and the Miller fight will be his first try at filling an arena here.

And that's why a fight, if it takes place here in the US, is indeed at best 50/50 fight where AJ is concerned. It was like that BEFORE Wilder did a ppv with Fury.

It might be worst for AJ now.
                      LOL you actually believe that? It was going to be a big PPV success but Wilder wanted to give it to the fans for free? Come on now, i dont believe that you believe that bull ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X