Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would any version of Tyson beat Holyfield?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
    - -If you can't see they were too busy in lesser divisions to fight Mike at his Apex, well , whatever.

You are engaging in noncoherent free streaming thought in lieu of understanding fighter timelines.

Timeline the reason we don't rank Berbick over Ali and so on.
    Who was in a lesser division that couldn't fight Tyson? This post is about Tyson/Evander Can we start getting a little more specific? If you're referring to Holyfield, the earliest time this fight could've happened is 1990/91 realistically. It's not Holyfield's fault Tyson seemingly had one of the shortest primes of any heavyweight champion. Literally around a 3 year span it seems
    Last edited by slicksouthpaw16; 01-08-2021, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thebrownbomber_ View Post
      I see it like this. A action packed trilogy with these results:
      Tyson wins the first fight by a close and maybe even controversial UD
      Holyfield wins the second fight by a close but clear UD
      Holyfield wins the third with a razor thin but clear UD after a hard fought war.
      - -U making up porkies?

We have the results of Field first two fights and the only Lewis fight, but that ain't what the OP asked that I answered correctly.

Review the original OP for content as he appears to have forgotten what he asked hisself. Such is typical on boxing forums that are more about emoting than understanding content and context.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
        Who was in a lesser division that couldn't fight Tyson? This post is about Tyson/Evander Can we start getting a little more specific? If you're referring to Holyfield, the earliest time this fight could've happened is 1990/91 realistically. It's not Holyfield's fault Tyson seemingly had one of the shortest primes of any heavyweight champion. Literally around a 3 year span it seems
        Meh. Tysons prime was from 1985 to 1991, his mental prime was that long though. Tyson and Holyfield actually signed to fight on June 1990 before the Douglas fight

Comment

- -Gotta hold U hand now is what U asking.

They could have fought months after turning Pro but for field being the much older fighter not looking beyond Cruiser. Field coulda fought Tyson instead of the Bruno he did fight because Field still working his way up.

After Bruno the Foreman guaranteed $25 mil fight in China loomed that got killed by the Tiananmen Square massacre, so Buster the best emergency option, not Field, not Lewis who I added as he and Field became ranked close by then and fought Tyson long beyond his best when placed on experimental psychotropic meds.

Comment

Admittedly, I did see an interview where Tyson stated that he was "off his medication" when he kicked the one guy in the balls during that road rage incident (then he KOed another guy in the street). Its a Vladtv interview on YouTube and Zab Judah is interviewing him. Doesn't mean he's definitely mentally ill, but it suggest IMO that he needs some type of medication to control himself/actions. I personally always thought he was a tad bit off lol I think the weed/meds are helping him these days. He was always a very intelligent guy but you can tell his dark past affects him upstairs.
            I posted the psychiatric review somewhere in another thread. I'll see if I can find it when I get some more time.

Comment

Meh. Tysons prime was from 1985 to 1991, his mental prime was that long though. Tyson and Holyfield actually signed to fight on June 1990 before the Douglas fight
              Depends on who you ask IMO. Many people (the biggest Tyson fans especially) will say that Tyson was already past his physical peak or overall prime at the time of the Douglas fight, due to the loss of Rooney as trainer and skillfully, not looking as dominant or have the fluidity in his arsenal as he did in earlier fights. Its very subjective.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                I posted the psychiatric review somewhere in another thread. I'll see if I can find it when I get some more time.
                Thanks, I'm always down for a good read

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                  - -Gotta hold U hand now is what U asking.

They could have fought months after turning Pro but for field being the much older fighter not looking beyond Cruiser. Field coulda fought Tyson instead of the Bruno he did fight because Field still working his way up.

After Bruno the Foreman guaranteed $25 mil fight in China loomed that got killed by the Tiananmen Square massacre, so Buster the best emergency option, not Field, not Lewis who I added as he and Field became ranked close by then and fought Tyson long beyond his best when placed on experimental psychotropic meds.
                  So in either instance, would you have favored Tyson over Holyfield?

Comment

Depends on who you ask IMO. Many people (the biggest Tyson fans especially) will say that Tyson was already past his physical peak or overall prime at the time of the Douglas fight, due to the loss of Rooney as trainer and skillfully, not looking as dominant or have the fluidity in his arsenal as he did in earlier fights. Its very subjective.
                    Tyson was physically still in his prime post rooney- pre prison, but he didnt use any of the basic things that got him to the top of the career. It is like he turned into a brawler from a combination puncher.
                    moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Mike Tyson was unable to reach his prime inside of the ring 'His best form was between 1985-1991, but I would not call it his absolute prime'.

Comment

Working...
                      X