No announcement yet.

Hand/Footwork Speed Training Options

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand/Footwork Speed Training Options

Howdy ya'll, I'm new...so I'm doing the best I can to throw together some minimal training options at home while my gym is closed due to covid, and I was thinking about putting an order in for some hand and ankles weights to develop hand and foot speed/explosiveness, but I also came across these box bandz things during my search - I'm not allowed to post a url for them but they're basically resistance bands you run from your belt to your hands and feet to work combos with - if you google box bandz you'll find them

Anyway, I've never seen these before and was wondering if anyone has any experience using anything like this? Any thoughts compared to using hand/ankle weights instead? They seem like they could be a effective training tools, but also seem like the kind of thing that could turn out to be cheap Chinese garbage...just wondering if anyone has an opinion, all input appreciated
    Last edited by rgm82; 12-29-2020, 10:05 PM.

Originally posted by rgm82 View Post
    Howdy ya'll, I'm new...so I'm doing the best I can to throw together some minimal training options at home while my gym is closed due to covid, and I was thinking about putting an order in for some hand and ankles weights to develop hand and foot speed/explosiveness, but I also came across these box bandz things during my search - I'm not allowed to post a url for them but they're basically resistance bands you run from your belt to your hands and feet to work combos with - if you google box bandz you'll find them

Anyway, I've never seen these before and was wondering if anyone has any experience using anything like this? Any thoughts compared to using hand/ankle weights instead? They seem like they could be a effective training tools, but also seem like the kind of thing that could turn out to be cheap Chinese garbage...just wondering if anyone has an opinion, all input appreciated
    Looks gimmicky as a product can look.

You're better off just buying some Resistance Bands from say SeriousSteel (its where I purchase mines and can vouch for them) and tie one end to a post and the other end you clinch in your fist and just practice with that in a manner you can linear progress meaning say you practice your right hand with it and after a few months you feel the resistance is no longer challenging or you got your desired results you can step out just a lil further and enter a new range of resistance and start over and progress again where the boxbandz just appear to be some bungee bands tied to a belt and once you get accost to that their no way to progress from there.

2nd, if you dont like this the boxbands you kinds screwed with a niche/unique item the Regular Resistance Bands you can just use for other workouts.

Comment

Egg Weights (or light dumbbells) are good. Get used to punching with them, once you take them off your hands feel like they're flying.

Running in combat boots does the same for your feet. You can shadowbox with ankle weights instead to protect your knees.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Egg Weights (or light dumbbells) are good. Get used to punching with them, once you take them off your hands feel like they're flying.

Running in combat boots does the same for your feet. You can shadowbox with ankle weights instead to protect your knees.
        Yeah I'm kind of leaning towards the weights as the box bandz are seeming more and more gimmicky the more I look at them plus the weights are cheaper anyway...never used egg weights before, can you fit them into your gloves? It's kind of hard to tell from the pic...I was leaning toward weighted gloves for my hands as they are padded and I can therefore use them on my double ended bag, but I'd consider the egg weights as well assuming I could put a glove over them

Comment

Yeah I'm kind of leaning towards the weights as the box bandz are seeming more and more gimmicky the more I look at them plus the weights are cheaper anyway...never used egg weights before, can you fit them into your gloves? It's kind of hard to tell from the pic...I was leaning toward weighted gloves for my hands as they are padded and I can therefore use them on my double ended bag, but I'd consider the egg weights as well assuming I could put a glove over them
          The flat Egg Weights will fit inside a glove.

Comment

The flat Egg Weights will fit inside a glove.
            Where do you find flat egg weights and who makes them? Google and amazon searches have only yielded rather bulbous looking weights that seem like they might be hard to fit gloves over

Comment

Where do you find flat egg weights and who makes them? Google and amazon searches have only yielded rather bulbous looking weights that seem like they might be hard to fit gloves over
              Eggweights.com has them.

They are pricy, though. You could get the same benefit by shadowboxing with any light dumbbell unless you are absolutely dead set on wearing gloves and hitting a bag for this.

Comment

Eggweights.com has them.

They are pricy, though. You could get the same benefit by shadowboxing with any light dumbbell unless you are absolutely dead set on wearing gloves and hitting a bag for this.
                I do have light dumbbells I use for shadowboxing, I want to hit the bag with some handweights too though...it's mostly just for variation more than anything, I have limited equipment in my garage and I start getting bored if I do the same thing over and over, I like to keep adding cheap tools to my home gym set up just to mix things up every now and then

Comment

I do have light dumbbells I use for shadowboxing, I want to hit the bag with some handweights too though...it's mostly just for variation more than anything, I have limited equipment in my garage and I start getting bored if I do the same thing over and over, I like to keep adding cheap tools to my home gym set up just to mix things up every now and then
                  If you don't mind the cost then go for it. I think you'll have fun with them and will enjoy the results.

Comment

Working...
                  X