No announcement yet.

Strength & Conditioning Routine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    Creatine makes me rip farts like volcanos.
    Haha how many grams are you on per day?

I am on minimal, c 3g a day

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Creatine makes me rip farts like volcanos.
      Originally posted by abracada View Post
      Haha how many grams are you on per day?

I am on minimal, c 3g a day
      lol I use to preload creatine with like 20g a day and I never farted or anything out the norm.

Now I just maintain a daily 5g a day. No issues but I guess everyone body is different. Im the type of person who will be perfectly fine when everyone else got sick after we ate something that wasn't good I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post
        lol I use to preload creatine with like 20g a day and I never farted or anything out the norm.

Now I just maintain a daily 5g a day. No issues but I guess everyone body is different. Im the type of person who will be perfectly fine when everyone else got sick after we ate something that wasn't good I guess.
        I never loaded, and never did 5g a day. I am fairing well with 3g creatine/day but know if I up my doses all of hell will break loose

Comment

I never loaded, and never did 5g a day. I am fairing well with 3g creatine/day but know if I up my doses all of hell will break loose
          Yeah theirs no reason to preload. I do 5 grams and works for me... any amount will work really.

What other supplements do you take I am just curios.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post
            Yeah theirs no reason to preload. I do 5 grams and works for me... any amount will work really.

What other supplements do you take I am just curios.
            I did take protein supplements but realised fairly quickly that my normal intake of protein was more than sufficient, so stopped doing protein and feel better from stopping it!

I am now on; Multivitamin (cheap and cheerful) tablet once per day, and about 3g creatine monohydrate once per day, that’s doing the trick.

Comment

I did take protein supplements but realised fairly quickly that my normal intake of protein was more than sufficient, so stopped doing protein and feel better from stopping it!

I am now on; Multivitamin (cheap and cheerful) tablet once per day, and about 3g creatine monohydrate once per day, that’s doing the trick.
              Cool, myself I take 5g creatine, Protein drinks where needed usually about 2 a day, zinc, magnesium.

Thing about high protein diet you need a high fiber diet aswell, I always recommend some phyllus husk when on a high protein diet and that just helps the body move along just fine. But I never take the 9grams the brands recommends way too much, I just take probably 2grams tops one every few days and I stay regular... but I am on a high protien diet over 200 grams a day, so my advice doesnt even apply to most.

Comment

I dont load on creatine because of the water weight . Im already a heavyweight and dont need to look puffy but the times i did take a preworkout that had creatine... i was lifting the damn weights as if i was the hulk.

Comment

I wouldn't say having multiple goals at the same time is going to hurt you. If anything it makes you more complete and well rounded. That being said, it takes much longer to reach any of these goals if you aren't prioritizing one of them.

For me, I'm too old to become a professional boxer, so I can afford to be on my "never never" workout plan. I am my own trainer so I need to provide my own motivation. My main goal is to just show up put some work in. Everything else is a bonus. I have to make my routine fun enough to keep coming back. I take tidbits of advise from various (assumed credible) sources and try out new ideas. Some work for me and some don't. You have to have a program that you want to do, or else you just won't do it. After you get your routine feeling super comfortable, switch it up to avoid the plateau effect.

Now if you are planning in going somewhere in boxing, you are probably going to need a trainer no matter how you slice it.

Lifting heavy weights certainly has its advantages, but also has a few drawbacks as well. It will make you hit harder, be stronger in any grappling situation, produce more testosterone (which is absolutely crucial) , and make you look and feel better overall, as long as you don't hurt yourself in the process. Usually when one sees visible results, they start believing and work that much harder. The downside of heavy weights is that they increase your overall weight, possibly bumping you up a class or two, and they can decrease hand speed.

As for your schedule, I feel that six days a week in a gym might be pushing it. Your body also needs time to recover and rebuild. You need to have near optimal diet and sleep to keep up with that pace. If you are trying to be the next PacMan, have at her. If you have a day job that doesn't consist of getting punched in the face, maybe swap out one of your training days for a nice leisurely nature walk where you just relax and breathe in some fresh air.

Comment

if you arent running at least 4 days a week, improving your skipping, speed bag, double end bag, sparring and callisthenics. Then you have no business doing a strength and conditioning routine. Your strength won't even come into play if you don't know how to apply it in a boxing ring. All you will do is train your muscles to fire the wrong way.
                    Dempsey1895_ TheDempseyKid likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X