Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy Atlas directly contradicts himself in the same statement over Crawford P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teddy Atlas directly contradicts himself in the same statement over Crawford P4P

https://tinyurl.com/teddyatlas

Originally posted by ESPN
    "I'm not going to move a guy who beat someone who he was supposed to beat, a guy who was exposed," Teddy Atlas said. "He's going to stay right where he belongs. Crawford hasn't done anything to lose his position."
    In other words he's saying, he won't elevate Canelo for beating Smith who he was apparently supposed to beat (despite no physical advantages) and got "exposed" after fighting Ryder, and he won't drop Crawford for beating Brook who he was supposed to beat and got "exposed" after fighting Zerafa.

In other words, Teddy doesn't care about credentials at all. Which SHOULD result in Crawford not even being his list.

If he doesn't care about credentials for guys someone should beat, that means he's negating Indongo, Benavidez, Horn, Diaz, Burns, Lundy, Kavaliuskas, Khan and Brook. Hell, what's left???

You can't criticize Canelo and say he "should have" beaten Smith and thus you give him no credit, but then proceed to give credit to Crawford for beating guys he "should have" beaten, multiple times. Hypocrite in the finest sense.
    Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 01-11-2021, 11:53 PM.

Teddy has progressively become more and more trash as the years go by

Comment

Teddy hates on Canelo any chance he gets is this new?

Comment

atlas still writes for espn? i thought they fired him, guess that is only on air

multiple espn writers have crawford above canelo... they are fuking ****** ed.

what is crawfords best win at welter? their resumes arent even close.

Canelo is basically number 1 across 3 divisions now. he would be a favorite against anyone at 160, 168, 175. If you hold 3 divisions simultaneously hostage, that is the literal definition of a p4p fighter. Meanwhile crawford is fighting the khan and brooks of the world.

In 3.5 years at welter, crawford still hasnt fought the number 1 welter. Meanwhile Canelo has fought and beat the number 1 in 3 divisions now in the last 2.5 years. Its not even close man.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
          Teddy hates on Canelo any chance he gets is this new?

some of their other writers still have crawford at num 1 too though.

they are nuts, the resumes arent even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Lupara View Post
            Teddy has progressively become more and more trash as the years go by
            Teddy atlas was irritating since he was born

Comment

His words are worthless to me. I remember when he said Pac was Badly robbed in his lost to Bradley. Then when he became Bradley's trainer he lied and said Bradley clearly won. He has no honesty or integrity and lies whenever it suits him.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                His words are worthless to me. I remember when he said Pac was Badly robbed in his lost to Bradley. Then when he became Bradley's trainer he lied and said Bradley clearly won. He has no honesty or integrity and lies whenever it suits him.
                Who in boxing doesn't lie tho? The fighters the promoters the commissions they all lie so don't just single him out

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Well, maybe he should become Crawford's trainer instead of BoMac.

That way we can hear Atlas say "People can change their minds, I mean I watched it again, listen...I was really emotional that night, but I mean, Jeff Horn was landing some really good shots on Manny, and I mean Manny didn't really do much except Round 9...from MY eyes on rewatching, Jeff Horn deserves credit for what he did. He beat a legend. A LEGEND!! On rewatching I had it 7 rounds to 5 for Horn, and I even called him after the fight and even apologized for what I said. My guy Crawford Beat The Man THAT BEAT THE MAN!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                  X