No announcement yet.

All Time Ranking for Heavyweight Bare Knuckle Champions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    To be clear I'm not saying we need to burn all the boxing books or they have no value. Hell I love a good story.

I'm saying dick measuring athletes you've never seen & are basing your opinions on them against each other based on words of various authors where there is no metric to even measure the writers against each other to verify how truthful, full of sh^t or just how well they are at gauging athletic skills & then put words on paper to illustrate them is a ridiculous thing BEYOND the ridiculousness of dick measuring great men of this sport from a multitude of eras in general.
    Historically speaking this failure (bolded above) is usually mitigated by a preponderance of evidence/interpretations/opinions that collectively/supportively point towards a recognizable truth.

To be cheeky about it: Can we conclude Napoleon was a great general without supporting film.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
      Historically speaking this failure (bolded above) is usually mitigated by a preponderance of evidence/interpretations/opinions that collectively/supportively point towards a recognizable truth.

To be cheeky about it: Can we conclude Napoleon was a great general without supporting film.
      I'd argue a great military strategist isn't about physical talent & skill in his army specifically so that'd be a whole other measurement to begin with.

But you are also ignoring how goofy it'd be to rank great military minds in different eras against each other based on words of guys who only know about these great leaders based on other mfers writing about them or in bios/autobios when there was one or more. That'd be a silly, meaningless & impossible concept to most anyone who spent a moment considering it.

Comment

Working...
      X