Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does one stop smoking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like different approaches worked for different people. I smoked for 13 years from 1960 until 1973. The last year that I smoked I had come to the conclusion that I would not live a long or healthy life if I continued to smoke. I tried weaning myself by cutting down and that didn't work. Also, I was lying to myself by saying "you'll do better tomorrow." Finally a Christian group I was associated with told me that if I wanted to remain one of them I'd have to stop smoking. Their ultimatum is what did it for me and I made up my mind that even if I suffered extreme withdrawal I would never smoke again. Within three days I completely stopped and within a month my cravings for tobacco diminished to the point I rarely though about smoking. Almost 50 years later I realize that quitting smoking was one of the best decisions I have ever made.
    Stuntman Mike Stuntman Mike likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      I'm in the same boat. Quit once for almost 10 years had one cigarette and got readdicted.
      I’m ****ed as usual..

I gave up smoking drinking, whoring..

Still smoking camel cigs no filters drinking much less and lusting after chicks who call my old uncle

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        I’m ****ed as usual..

I gave up smoking drinking, whoring..

Still smoking camel cigs no filters drinking much less and lusting after chicks who call my old uncle
        At least you cut down in the drinking

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          At least you cut down in the drinking
          That’s the bright side... my wife buys me Cuban cigars and we drink outta her Baccarat glasses..

She says crazy chit like this bottle is expensive or some crazy stuff..

I’ll try to post labels of good stuff.. I’m good with Budweiser

Comment

http://https://youtu.be/uT3SBzmDxGk

Comment

Smoked for 30 years give or take, picked it up about 15 went cold Turkey at 45 when my youngest was born.... figured when he's gonna be 15 I'll be 60 so I'd better sort it out if I wanted even a chance of keeping him in line.. just hoping he ain't the asshat that I was at that age!
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 12-20-2020, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Try nicotine replacement therapy. Ask your doctor about nicotine replacement therapy.

Comment

No way, I know from my own experience

Comment

I quite cold Turku too expensive

I just smoke kgb

I got a vaporizer

but the cost here in Tokyo 300 for 7 grams

I go to Thailand and end up getting robbed
                    and married to Thaii hoes

Comment

discipline, having control of yourself when you are feening for a smoke.

the only person who can stop your addiction is yourself!

Comment

Working...
                      X