Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO won't even mention Charlo as an opponent for Jacobs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's lame but in all fairness those are the three biggest names at 160, Charlo hasn't done much yet. Though I do pick him to blast out Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Yea. But he called out GGG, a fighter on a rival network. And the Showtime crew talked about Charlo-GGG.

You said HBO shouldn't talk about him because he's on a rival network but Showtime is talking about Charlo fighting fighters who are on rival networks. Charlo and Andrade are the only two realistic next options for Jacobs and neither is mentioned.
      Yeah and Jacobs called out GGG when he was at showtime and the fight got made, HBO talked about GGG-Jacobs, showtime talked about GGG-Jacobs and the fight got made.

So which is more important, networks talking about other fighters or Other fighters talking about other fighters for future fights? Jacobs called out Charlo after the fight, Charlo didn't call Jacobs after the fight because he is interested in keeping his spot for the mando instead of manning up and face JAcobs.
      Last edited by Thraxox; 04-29-2018, 12:20 AM.

Comment

After the lil episode Jacobs & Charlo had it seems odd not to include him on the list, but is anyone surprised by this? Thats pretty much HBO 101 type sh^t.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          Yeah and Jacobs called out GGG when he was at showtime and the fight got made, so?
          What the hell are you talking about? Read the title again and the points I made. You're all over the place. If you can't stay on topic don't quote me. Talk to yourself

Comment

Because Charlo is in a rival network. Why, do you see Showtime saying "Should Charlo fight.....(HBO Fighters)"
            If Showtime would put forward such a poll for Jermall Charlo, a middleweight fighter owed his title shot, they wouldn't make themselves look foolish by not acknowledging the viable middleweight fights, politics be damned.

Showtime simply wouldn't run the poll (WBC, WBA, IBF, and WBO kinda, are all with HBO)

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              That's lame but in all fairness those are the three biggest names at 160, Charlo hasn't done much yet. Though I do pick him to blast out Jacobs.
              None of the 3 are realistic next opponents for Jacobs.

GGG has IBF mandatory

Saunders is with Warren

Canelo coming off a year inactivity and knee surgery.

Comment

Because Charlo is in a rival network. Why, do you see Showtime saying "Should Charlo fight.....(HBO Fighters)"
                Thank You
                Finally well put
                Fughin well put
                Boxing fans need to understand that, at the end it’s a fughin business
                Yeah , for sure their told who to root for , but that’s what their there for
                That’s what their paid to say
                The bullchit lies in the alphabet organizations , where every promoter has one under their thumb
                Their the fughin fixers
                Not Larry or Max

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  What the hell are you talking about? Read the title again and the points I made. You're all over the place. If you can't stay on topic don't quote me. Talk to yourself
                  It's you who isn't getting the point. You made the point about Charlo-GGG being talked about Showtime, I made a point about Jacobs-GGG being talked about HBO and Showtime when Jacobs was still at Showtime. Don't blame me when you can't put two and two together.

Comment

It's you who isn't getting the point. You made the point about Charlo-GGG being talked about Showtime, I made a point about Jacobs-GGG being talked about HBO and Showtime when Jacobs was still at Showtime. Don't blame me when you can't put two and two together.
                    You added that part later. Don't play stupid. I quoted you at 1:19 and you edited at `1:20 When I quoted you you didn't have the other part in your post. And you still wrong about how the fight got made. It got made because it was a mandatory.

But since you wanna lie and act stupid have a seat

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                      Thank You
                      Finally well put
                      Fughin well put
                      Boxing fans need to understand that, at the end it’s a fughin business
                      Yeah , for sure their told who to root for , but that’s what their there for
                      That’s what their paid to say
                      The bullchit lies in the alphabet organizations , where every promoter has one under their thumb
                      Their the fughin fixers
                      Not Larry or Max
                      So why does showtime talk about Charlo fighting Jacobs and GGG? If this is the way HBO is doing business no wonder they're the 3rd best channel showing boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X