No announcement yet.

Arum: Ramirez KO's Golovkin iN 5-6 Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardt View Post
    Gilberto Ramirez is one of the least talented middleweights I have seen in a long time. Slow, ponderous, no special effects.
    He's a super middleweight tho!

Comment

Originally posted by Masterclass775 View Post
      Why is GGG vs Lemieux not on anybody's radar...??
      If Lemieux wins big on Saturday that will change very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Yeah okay, GGG won't fight such an opponent. Power, 6'2", 75 inch reach, 1 weight class higher. Sorry, not happening. How is GGG gonna go from fighting a guy with 6 KO's and Daniel Geale to Ramirez?

They are literally 10 years apart. Ramirez gets a pass because when you are 23 years old, you get a pass. When you are 33, not so much.
        He wanted to fight Froch in the UK, and Froch >>> Zurdo

Comment

I still think Ramirez is a solid prospect and will become a world champion.
          Just because he didn't sparkle against a very big and underrated Vlasov doesn't change a thing, Vlasov had one loss against Chilemba in a fight he dropped Chilemba (twice if I recall) and had a super strong case for winning.
          Vlasov might not have the resume but he is a top 10 fighter at super middle or light heavyweight.

This kid is still 23, he has time on his side and will no doubt capture a few world titles in that rather stale division.

GGG is staying put at 160 for now but say he moves up in a year, I expect Zurdo to have that belt from Stieglitz/Abraham, that would be a good fight for GGG to test the waters. Zurdo will also be more established and seasoned. Its a good fight for the future but right now it makes little sense for either guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
            Yeah, I'm not overly impressed with Ramirez. Lacks head movement, gets hit way too much. Isn't overly skilled, or overly quick.

But he does go to the body consistently.
            HAHA you just described GGG and wonder why some people don't rate him.

Comment

Will be a good fight in 2 years from now. Ramirez needs to mature a little bit as a fighter and gain some popularity before enetering in the ring with GGG.

Comment

Ramirez is not ready for GGG. Nice skill set though. He needs to work on his defense.

Comment

Ramirez who? Never heard of the guy. Gonna have to look at some fights of his to make a determination

Comment

Arum is out of his mind, Zurdo Ramirez would get a vicious beating, he is not even that good

Comment

Working...
                    X