Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck Responds 2 Kimbo......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a start these guys fight for different orgs that refuse to negotiate with each other or cross promote. Secondly, these guys fight in two different weight divisions.

Why is this fight even being talked about again?
    Last edited by Biggus Dickus; 04-28-2008, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus View Post
      For a start these two fights for different orgs that refuse to negotiate with each other or cross promote. Secondly, these guys fight in two different weight divisions.

Dana tried to cross promote Lidell-Silva with Pride so it wouldn't surprise me if Dana agreed to cross promoted this. And EliteXC cross promotes all the time.

And Kimbo's size advantage is one thing that makes this fight interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by 2swell k-wells View Post
        just defend him, say that he will beat chucks ass, that kimbo is #1..you know, what most of guys say.
        I'm a fan but I don't think anybody here even his fans would say he would beat chuck right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus View Post
          cause they aint nothing else to discuss, and The Iceman had some things to say bout Kimbo which some quotes were funny, thats why its being discussed.

Comment

There are many other topics to discuss. This fight most likely wouldn't happen soon. Dana has no interest in Kimbo right now and doesn't like to crosss promote as you have seen with Fedor Emelianeko and probobly because he doesn't like to promote guys who aren't in his business for various marketing reasons

Comment

Originally posted by HotSizzle View Post
              I'm a fan but I don't think anybody here even his fans would say he would beat chuck right now.
              Yea exactly I will say this tho, Chuck does get paid more but Chuck didnt start out getting paid 500k a fight, it took him years of MMA to do that, Kimbo just start and he making 250k.

Chuck SHOULD own him in a fight tho

Comment

Originally posted by baserocks View Post
                Dana tried to cross promote Lidell-Silva with Pride so it wouldn't surprise me if Dana agreed to cross promoted this. And EliteXC cross promotes all the time.

And Kimbo's size advantage is one thing that makes this fight interesting.
                After the back and forth trash talk between Dana and Gary Shaw, I seriously doubt this fights happens. Too much risk with too little reward from Dana's perspective.

The Silva/Liddell fight made sense because it was to determine the number 1 lightheavyweight in the world.

A Kimbo/Chuck fight makes no sense whatsoever.

Comment

They are also in different weight classes too. I think Liddell could make HW but he look like he wants to stay at LHW and that makes more sense

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar-Mosley123 View Post
                    There are many other topics to discuss. This fight most likely wouldn't happen soon. Dana has no interest in Kimbo right now and doesn't like to crosss promote as you have seen with Fedor Emelianeko and probobly because he doesn't like to promote guys who aren't in his business for various marketing reasons
                    well start making threads man, cant do it myself

Comment

Originally posted by 2swell k-wells View Post
                      will kimbo fans still hug the nuts and defend him on here?
                      Looks like your question got answered.

Comment

Working...
                      X