No announcement yet.

A lot of people owe Mikey an apology...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post

What would Mikey winning prove? I think it would speak more volumes about how good of a champ spence is rather than how good Mikey is. Just saying.
    That's what you think a Mikey win would do? It would only catapult Spence' legacy??

Dafuq???

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
      That's what you think a Mikey win would do? It would only catapult Spence' legacy??

Dafuq???

Lol
      I clarified this. How good as in, is he even good or just a bum?

Comment

I personally wish they, the champs, would fight each other but they all seem content with not.

Imo, he, spence, definitely is one of the best, but saying the best is a reach for me.

Imo, Mikey should not be fighting at WW. He has nothing to prove there.

That's my opinion on the matter. He has much more to prove at 135 and 140. But, if I had to say who the best is? Probably Crawford, but only in the sense he was the 140lb unified champ. 147 is not 140. So well see. The problem is when will we see spence vs Crawford? We probably wont.

Tough to stack fighters against each other when they dont fight each other you know?

Mikey would get the most credit fighting lomachenko but he doesnt want to. Probably because he would 100% be the B side.
        The fact is he is. With the rest of your post, I still don't understand it. To each, his opinion.

Have a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowballer View Post
          I think the criticism he got was justified. The fights that we want to see him in are 140 and below.

This is a circus sideshow.
          The only notable name for Mikey 140 and below is Loma and Arum isn’t in a rush to make that fight

Mikey got trashed for moving up and beating a 140 Champ

There’s no names at 140 and there won’t be until there is a winner of the WHSS even then they won’t have much notoriety outside of hardcores

Imo though, spence is not p4p. Hes a good but unproven boxer. I would totally understand if Mikey was fighting someone at 147 who is proven to challenge his worth, but spence? We dont even know how good he is. Edit: this is what I meant by how good a champ he is. If he loses he was probably a bum. A weight bully at 147.

The risk just doesnt make sense. Maybe Mikey sees that Spence is just a paper champ. Maybe he thinks he can pull through?

For me though, that does nothing for his legacy. Its just like Canelo moving up to 168 to fight for a regular title. No point. Might as well fight the weakest most pathetic 175 regular champ just to say "4 divisions ".

Spence doesn't draw crowds. Hes not a big name. Hes 2 divisions higher and a lot bigger.

What exactly is Mikey trying to prove? If spence loses I think it talks more volumes about spence than it does Mikey. Spence would legit be a bum. Let's be real. Bums win world championships all the time. They fight other bums.

For example, Im not a wilder fan, but you cant argue against Wilders resume. He has a TON of bums. Could he be better than his resume? Maybe, but he hasnt fought the best. Yet. Spence is in the same boat.

Spence has fought like no one. Hes unproven at this point but one of the "best" at 147.

Mikey hasnt even beat the best at 135 or 140. Why move to 147?

And then once you fight at 147, how are you gonna drain back down to 135 for lomachenko or others in the future?

It doesnt make sense. He was already pudgy at 140. I doubt hell carry the right weight at 147. And if he comes in light how is he gonna deal with spence's power when hes got cement feet?

Most boxers who are successful in a jump like this have something special. Yeah, mikey is "technical" and a "good counter puncher " but I dont think that's enough. Pac had speed and power. Mayweather timing and defense.
          Crap post

The guy who went overseas and beatdown a top WW in his hometown to get his belt and who no other top WW seems to be in a rush to fight and who lost regard as P4P hasn’t Proven himself to you.

So instead of giving Mikey his props if he wins its Spence is a bum

Such lame logic

Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
          Trash fight, Miley gonna get destroyed. Lima fight would have been so much better. Also Spence has plenty of opponents at welterweight to fight instead. Complete mismatch
          Arum ain’t making a Loma fight anytime soon

Yeah 2 prime unbeaten P4P fighters fighting is a trash fight

Seems logical

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            The people who said he was doing it for attention are idiots and yes, they should fess up.

But, Mikey shouldn't be praised for this. He's cashing himself out and I think it's a cheap move. Shame on Spence too. PBC as well. I don't like any of this taking a mismatch and turning it into a PPV.
            Tbh, it could have gone either way...they only look like idiots cuz the fight is actually getting signed. There was a stage there where it was looking like bs. Either way, I don't like the fight at all. It has the potential to diminish one or both of the loma vs mikey or spence vs bud fights.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
              The only notable name for Mikey 140 and below is Loma and Arum isn’t in a rush to make that fight

There’s no names at 140 and there won’t be until there is a winner of the WHSS even then they won’t have much notoriety outside of hardcores

Crap post

The guy who went overseas and beatdown a top WW in his hometown to get his belt and who no other top WW seems to be in a rush to fight and who lost regard as P4P hasn’t Proven himself to you.

So instead of giving Mikey his props if he wins its Spence is a bum

Such lame logic

Arum ain’t making a Loma fight anytime soon

Yeah 2 prime unbeaten P4P fighters fighting is a trash fight

Seems logical
              Oh ****. Do I spot a fan girl??

Yeah I do.

I think Mikey and spence are both good boxers, but be realistic dude. Size matters in boxing, that's why there are weight classes.

I'm gonna root for Mikey but I'm realistic with my outcome. Spence will be too big even though Mikey will be the better boxer.

There is NOTHING wrong with that accessment. Could I be wrong? Sure. Its boxing and anything can happen.

Imagine this.

A welterweight losing to a lightweight.

That's what this fight is. EVERYONE would say that the welterweight is trash for losing to a guy 2 sizes smaller including yourself.

Use the names spence and Garcia and your opinion changes? How so?

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                Tbh, it could have gone either way...they only look like idiots cuz the fight is actually getting signed. There was a stage there where it was looking like bs. Either way, I don't like the fight at all. It has the potential to diminish one or both of the loma vs mikey or spence vs bud fights.
                I never thought it looked like BS and I'll call those people idiots and clowns for the way they always wait with baited breath to mock certain fighters. I was right and that's one of the spoils of making the right prediction.

Agreed though, the fight is bad for boxing. I've never been specifically against PBC but if they're moving away from free boxing AND making bad matches, then that's a definite strike against them.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post

I see Mikey as a natural lightweight, not a WW or even a JrWW. He has a small frame, carries some fat at 135, and looks small even against Broner who easily makes 140.

Lomachenko is obviously the best fight for Mikey's legacy and vice versa.

He also has a few other big fights at 135 including possibly Berchelt which would be great since Berchelt is a big SFW.

Even Crawford can come down for a big fight.

At 147 he looks puny. Who knows he may pull it off, but its truly an unnecessary risk.

Comment

Oh ****. Do I spot a fan girl??

Yeah I do.

I think Mikey and spence are both good boxers, but be realistic dude. Size matters in boxing, that's why there are weight classes.

I'm gonna root for Mikey but I'm realistic with my outcome. Spence will be too big even though Mikey will be the better boxer.

There is NOTHING wrong with that accessment. Could I be wrong? Sure. Its boxing and anything can happen.

Imagine this.

A welterweight losing to a lightweight.

That's what this fight is. EVERYONE would say that the welterweight is trash for losing to a guy 2 sizes smaller including yourself.

Use the names spence and Garcia and your opinion changes? How so?
                    Stop with the fan girl talk f.aggotry you’re not impressing anyone

I agree size matters , that’s why most think Garcia is getting body bagged

But to say Spence is a bum if he loses is ******ed . If Mikey wins he deserves props for being that guy,

I won’t sh.it on Spence for losing it happens , Almost all my favourite fighters have multiple Ls

Was Hagler a bum for losing to SRL , Was Oscar a bum for losing to Shane ?

Comment

Who wanted this fight? No-one

Comment

Working...
                      X