Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Ortiz do against Ali, marciano, lewis, foreman.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    by that logic, I guess AJ is feather fisted since he couldn't KO Takam. Chisora > Joshua
    NO! I'm just responding to that user who claimed Lennox Lewis didn't have much punching power, only because Mavrovic managed to avoid getting KO'ed.

By that logic, Ortiz also doesn't have punching power for failing to drop, never mind KO Dave Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
      NO! I'm just responding to that user who claimed Lennox Lewis didn't have much punching power, only because Mavrovic managed to avoid getting KO'ed.

By that logic, Ortiz also doesn't have punching power for failing to drop, never mind KO Dave Allen.
      triangle theories don't work in boxing though, that's the point I'm trying to make. It's useless unless we get Povetkin vs Ortiz (which I'd love to watch, personally)

Just like you have Cotto who almost knocking down Canelo, yet Canelo could stand up to all of G's power shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        Lewis you suspect? Are you for ****ing real? Lewis smashes this nobody in no more than 2 rounds. It isn't even competition to Lewis. Sort yourself out.

Lewis was KTFO twice by lesser fighters.
        Largely outboxed by Bruno, got a gift decision vs Mercer etc

Fights aren't won by accomplishments or who NSB deems as an unbeatable H2H fighter. Lewis struggled many too much lesser fighters than himself and Ortiz.
        Again he never fought one southpaw in an approx 50 fight career, there's a reason for that.

Quite frankly I don't think Ortiz is an easy night for anyone.
        6ft4, 270 southpaw counterpuncher that moves well and possesses K.O power in either hand. He's a dangerous HW and would pose huge problems for just about any present or past champion, ATG or not.
        He's stylistically a nightmare for most.

It amazes me Lewis apparently wins these fantasy fights with 100% certainty in 2 rounds yet that just wasn't Lewis. Anyone that followed his career knows he was a very cautious, slow paced and often quite boring fighter just like Wlad.

Comment

The lunatics have arrived in the thread i see apparently Lewis v Ortiz is a pick em fight now

Comment

Its a safety in numbers thing were boxing fans almost always pick the same fighter especially in fights that can't be proven.

Why can't people break it down stylistically instead of mocking others for actually favouring their pick but bringing up facts as to why they're simply not 100% confident?
            Like you can be 100 anyway picking against a skilled HW with Ortiz's power.

Lewis by his own admission hated fighting southpaws and this isn't your typical southpaw this is the most skilled and dangerous southpaw HW of them all.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              triangle theories don't work in boxing though, that's the point I'm trying to make. It's useless unless we get Povetkin vs Ortiz (which I'd love to watch, personally)

Just like you have Cotto who almost knocking down Canelo, yet Canelo could stand up to all of G's power shots.
              It's not triangle theory though! How did you come to that conclusion?

Cutthroat used the logic that Lennox Lewis doesn't have 'much punching power', because one random opponent out of his 30+ fight career managed to go the distance with him.

And I just applied the same logic against Luis Ortiz, by asking Cutthroat, Luis Ortiz also couldn't KO Dave Allen (or drop him), so does that mean Luis Ortiz also doesn't have 'much punching power'.

If you've got a problem with that logic, then take it out on the user Cutthroat. I'm not promoting that type of logical reasoning.

And Povetkin has nothing to do with this thread? Are you sure you're not commenting on the incorrect thread?

Comment

Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
                beats all them by first round ko on the same night in one fight
                Ali would last 1:30 min Lewis 15 seconds Marciano 10 seconds and Forman 1:05 min
                Man you’re talking jebberish, I agree with Marciano and Lewis, but Forman and Ali go out at the :45 second mark. Ortiz takes their heads and slams them together Batman style

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                  Stopping someone based on having their corner throwing in the towel isn't a sign of much punching power.

Knocking an opponent out clean is. So why couldn't Ortiz drop, never mind KO that low level Allen in 7 rounds if he had so much punching power?

And when did Mavrovic rock Lewis? Show me the video, and I'll show you the video on when Allen rocked Ortiz.
                  David Allen said Luis Ortiz hits harder than AJ lol, he was about to get brutally knocked out after receiving a huge beating in just 7 rounds.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=731201

Mavrovic hurt Lewis in round 7. Mavrovic was barely 6'3 215lbs and he walked through Lewis' punches, Allen on the other hand weighs 260, obviously he's going to be more durable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                    You really are sick in the head aren't you? You're not right, man. ****ing hell are you absolutely crazy. But then again, Americans are in the most part.

The world population in 1970 was 3.7 billion

In 2018 it's 7.7 billion.

Ali-Foreman were the best out of 3.7 billion people, Wilder-Ortiz are some of the best out of 7.7 billion people.

Which is more impressive?

For some reason people have a hard time comprehending that population changes, that the international boxing scene has improved light years of where it used to be.

Comment

you're really worked up over this

strawman and a rhetorical nonsense question.

ortiz in 2018 > povetkin in 2018. hurts, i know.

Comment

Working...
                      X