Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: We're Looking To Get British Ref For Joshua-Povetkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English referees are in general the worst referees in the world when it comes to helping their countrymen win fights. Povetkin will have two opponents in the ring, The ref might DQ him for punching too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      I thought Wilder's background was also Nigerian, no?
      Actually no one would know because I’m pretty sure his family history was unfortunately wiped out as many American blacks were brought over in the trans Atlantic slave trade.

Unlike some black immigrants in England who can actually trace their heritage.
      Last edited by 2fast2strong; 08-04-2018, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
        Green K for you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          Britain has some of the worst referees in the world with Howard Foster and Ian John Lewis being the most egregious examples.
          100% agree That ref. in the tatam fight was Terrible!

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            English referees are in general the worst referees in the world when it comes to helping their countrymen win fights. Povetkin will have two opponents in the ring, The ref might DQ him for punching too hard.
            Lol. Pedvetkin's chances just got cut in half!

Comment

Not ideal, they should get an American ref who will be neutral. But I'll take a British ref and a British stoppage over the Italian that refereed the Parker fight. In fact most continental refs are garbage from what I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                Britain has some of the worst referees in the world with Howard Foster and Ian John Lewis being the most egregious examples.
                I agree with the main point but I think Foster is actually the lesser evil out of the usual suspects. He has the odd howler but his general fight management is good as long as he keeps his composure. He's definitely more in-fighting friendly than most of them

Ian John Lewis on the other hand has absolutely no redeeming features, he's just a disgrace

Comment

Lol of course they are.

Comment

Floyd used to pick his refs - have to love the fan boy hypocrites on here. A-side is the A-side remember FIomos?

Comment

lol...............

Comment

Working...
                      X