Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Hopkins vs Krusher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad style for B Hop, and he'd be a MW in his prime. MW vs LHW with brains/skill/power. No chance for B Hop.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
      hopkins was never able to beat complete fighters with a combination of power and speed. cracks me up the Hopkins nuthuggers that thought hed dominate kovalev
      Agreed.

There was one guy that bet me a million vcash but I didn't note who it was and I forget

Comment

Hopkins would definitely get the edge at MW

Comment

hopkins was never able to beat complete fighters with a combination of power and speed. cracks me up the Hopkins nuthuggers that thought hed dominate kovalev
          Thank god I'm not the only one thinking Hopkins is overrated. Age is his legacy. You can check my prediction on the master I picked Kovalev by UD and I figured a knockdown in the process. Calzaghe mounted him ho status, Taylor twice, Jones Jr, and Dawson all decisioned him. He's been dropped numerous times with his mythical plus or minus rating and defense against opponents mostly subpar to his contemporary in the boxing IQ and defense department. I never saw Floyd flop fighting guys with an even bigger size advantage along with Pac.

Comment

Prime Kovalev gives boxing lessons to any version of hopkins.

Comment

impossible to know but obviously I think Hopkins would have done better, at 49 just didn't have enough left for a guy like Kovalev. Bit off more than he could chew tonight but at least he had the balls to attempt something great unlike coward Stevenson.

Comment

Yes of course it would. It would be a close competitive fight. I still like Kovalev to win a ud. He is too big and powerful for Hopkins who was a middleweight in his prime. Hopkins was much better 15 years ago as would be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Yes of course it would. It would be a close competitive fight. I still like Kovalev to win a ud. He is too big and powerful for Hopkins who was a middleweight in his prime. Hopkins was much better 15 years ago as would be expected.
                  I agree. it would have been closer but hops has never really beaten a good boxer his size with power and skill. Trinidad and dlh were well past there best and pavlick was also moving up in a weight class he was unfamiliar with. big credit for Hopkins longevity but hes never been an atg fighter

Comment

I agree. it would have been closer but hops has never really beaten a good boxer his size with power and skill. Trinidad and dlh were well past there best and pavlick was also moving up in a weight class he was unfamiliar with. big credit for Hopkins longevity but hes never been an atg fighter
                    I agree, be prepared for to be crucified here for that opinion lol

Comment

Truth. Age is Hopkins legacy. He needs to retire and shut the hell up about himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X