Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Andre Ward give Sakio Bika a deserved rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Bika is very unskilled, I wasn't impressed with him in the least. He's a tough guy, who has some pop but isn't the huge puncher everyone thinks he is.

Ward beats him again.
    "Very unskilled"? Where do you get this?

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      I could have sworn he hit him on the legs. I was kinda drunk at the time.
      No you're right, more than a couple punches strayed below the belt line. That's part of what makes Bika so tough to fight. The way he leads with his head and works you on the opposite side of the ref.

Comment

Ward already beat this guy up. Why do we want to see a rematch? Cause he beat some other euro journeyman. Bika v Froch/Kessler and winner gets rematch at best in class. After all he beat all three

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Boss Monies View Post
          "Very unskilled"? Where do you get this?
          He is, were you impressed with him? He's a clubbing puncher who rarely thrwos the jab (even though you can tell that they have been working on that) .

He's a tough guy, hard puncher but he isn't a skilled boxer. He won't beat Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            Ward already beat this guy up. Why do we want to see a rematch? Cause he beat some other euro journeyman. Bika v Froch/Kessler and winner gets rematch at best in class. After all he beat all three
            I agree that Bika v Froch/Kessler is a more interesting matchup, but if he wants Ward, he earned his spot.

Comment

Stop it. Bika won 2 rounds, 3 rounds if you're a fan of his. No point in a rematch.

Comment

I don't want to see this. Ward will probably fight only 2 times per year and I don't want to see one of those fights wasted on Bika, a guy he already beat convincingly.

Comment

He is, were you impressed with him? He's a clubbing puncher who rarely thrwos the jab (even though you can tell that they have been working on that) .

He's a tough guy, hard puncher but he isn't a skilled boxer. He won't beat Ward.
                  I've been impressed with him for some time. Everyone who fights him ends up pissing blood. I don't think it's that he hits hard, he wears you down, works on the inside, lands headbutts, good jab, changes the arc of his punches. I've yet to see anyone look good against Bika. He's a crafty fighter, and I don't think Ward enjoyed fighting him one bit.

That said, I agree that he won't beat Ward, but who would you pick to beat Ward?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Boss Monies View Post
                    I've been impressed with him for some time. Everyone who fights him ends up pissing blood. I don't think it's that he hits hard, he wears you down, works on the inside, lands headbutts, good jab, changes the arc of his punches. I've yet to see anyone look good against Bika. He's a crafty fighter, and I don't think Ward enjoyed fighting him one bit.

That said, I agree that he won't beat Ward, but who would you pick to beat Ward?
                    Yea but that's not skilled, that's just a tough rugged fighter which I already admitted he is.

Comment

Yea but that's not skilled, that's just a tough rugged fighter which I already admitted he is.
                      When you miss a right hand and end up in a clinch with the top of someone's head slamming into your eye, you're in against someone who is more than just rugged. For instance, when Froch got frustrated against Dirrell, he started committing blatant fouls. Bika is more subtle at this. Even the way he changes the arc of his punch to hook behind the guard and clip the back of the ear (and again, always on the opposite side of the ref). Those aren't the tools of a very unskilled fighter. Then you add the jab and the body hooks, and you see why he is where he is. I'm not saying that he is one of the top 3 at super middleweight, I'm just saying "very unskilled" is probably taking it a little far.

Comment

Working...
                      X