No announcement yet.

2017 is stacked already and it's still 2016, this time last year was a joke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 is stacked already and it's still 2016, this time last year was a joke

The biggest fights confirmed for early 2016 this time was legit just Quigg V Frampton and I think Pac/Bradley 3 was also confirmed just before 2016 started.

Compare that to

Frampton/Santa Cruz
    Jack/DeGale
    GGG/Jacobs
    Thurman/Garcia
    Mikey Garcia/Zlaticanin
    Joshua/Klit

So many big fights as well as unification fights. Looking like 2017 will be a much better year for boxing.

Those are some really big fights. Great start.

If GGG - Canelo gets made, it'll be the best year in a long time.

Is the Kovalev - Ward rematch still going to happen? I haven't read too much on that lately.

Comment

2016 looked promising, too, but a bunch of great fights got ruined and didn't happen. Hopefully the same doesn't happen here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
        The biggest fights confirmed for early 2016 this time was legit just Quigg V Frampton and I think Pac/Bradley 3 was also confirmed just before 2016 started.

Compare that to

Frampton/Santa Cruz
        Jack/DeGale
        GGG/Jacobs
        Thurman/Garcia
        Mikey Garcia/Zlaticanin
        Joshua/Klit

So many big fights as well as unification fights. Looking like 2017 will be a much better year for boxing.
        Would only become an even bigger year for our sport if the guys in bold win just imagine how great British boxing would do, I'm actually genuinely excited about the prospect of having
        Khan Vs. Brook
        Frampton Vs. Selby/Warrington
        Degale Vs. Callum Smith (winner then maybe fighting Groves)
        Joshua just maybe enticing Tyson Fury out of his sorry pathetic state of depression

My god that would be the biggest year of British boxing we've ever had!!

Then obviously the likes of GGG winning to keep alive the Canelo fight and Mikey Garcia winning just because of the Mexican fanbase that will follow him and to maybe set up an even bigger fight down the line.

So many possibilities obviously this year none of our wishes came true with what we would have wanted to happen but we always have a chance for 2017 now that Trump is in power and Britain has escaped the poison chalice that is the EU.

Comment

Great rematches and unification fights. There's no way this year can't go well.

Comment

Thurman-Porter was supposed to happen in March.

Comment

Working...
            X