Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: If WBA Issues Order, Jacobs Fight Can Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    K2 better hope HBO have a chunk of cash hidden away if this goes to purse bids.
    Wouldn't matter, WBA can literal change the rules to favor GGG. It's written they can.

Originally posted by Raimondo View Post
    Yup, Haymon may win it and GGG get stripped since he's tied with HBO.
    Doubt he'd try, because HBO would let it happen and then Haymon would lose money while GGG bests Jacobs and gets paid since he'd get the bigger split.

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    He never asked for $9. He just wanted more then what K2 has EVER paid no matter how much they BS and lie. $1.5 but they will say they offers $5-6 million and Jacobs turned it down. Life changing money... They would rather pay bums 500k. Then ever part with more $$$$
    He wants more the is financially doable when it comes to undercard, promotion, training cost, etc.

Jocobs wants just enough to make the fight unlikely.

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
    And still they won't sanction Golovkin.
    Doesn't much matter, still a title fight. Would they sanction GGG v Ward at LHW. Bet you'd want them to.

What will you say if Golovkin vacates?
    He won't. I think HBO would either call Haymons bluff or let GGG fight on showtime. Let Haymon lose the money while their fighter gets KO'd.

It's a win/win for HBO.

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
    If this fight happens then Canelo GGG fight would never happen cause Jacobs beats GGG and Canelo will claim GGG isn't worth fighting anymore.
    If Jacobs thought that he'd be fighting him already.

Let's be honest, you'll never blame Golovkin for anything.
    And you'd never say anything good about him.

Comment

• a win/win for HBO/GGG

It's a win/win if Haymon gets purse bid.

HBO doesn't have to pay anything.

GGG gets 3/4 of profit without coming out of pocket.

GGG gets a bunch if exposure to a new channel.

Haymon likely sees one of his champions snuffed out by ko, and it cost him big time.

GGG still goes back to HBO with more follows, obtained from pbc.

Not a bad deal at all!

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      Haymon might aswell bid big and see if Golovkin drops the belt, if not Jacobs pulls out. In this scenario Haymon loses nothing and his fighter might gain a world title.
      If Jacobs does that t ruins all credibility. Fans won't care about the bluff, they'll know Jacobs chose not to fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
        It's a win/win if Haymon gets purse bid.

HBO doesn't have to pay anything.

GGG gets 3/4 of profit without coming out of pocket.

GGG gets a bunch if exposure to a new channel.

Haymon likely sees one of his champions snuffed out by ko, and it cost him big time.

GGG still goes back to HBO with more follows, obtained from pbc.

Not a bad deal at all!

If Jacobs does that t ruins all credibility. Fans won't care about the bluff, they'll know Jacobs chose not to fight.
        If he isn't going to fight anyway what does it matter? Better to have a world title than not.

Comment

• It's hilarious to me that a certain group of people exist on NSB that constantly trash Golovkin's resume and yet when a good fight presents itself these same people oppose it and make excuses on why that fighter should NOT fight Golovkin! Look at all these clowns talking about strategies Al Haymon can do just so Jacobs can avoid actually fighting Golovkin. Rather than thinking "great news, the #1 middleweight vs the #2 middleweight can happen!" these guys immediately start plotting ways Jacobs can not fight Golovkin. This is what our sports fans have become smdh

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            It's hilarious to me that a certain group of people exist on NSB that constantly trash Golovkin's resume and yet when a good fight presents itself these same people oppose it and make excuses on why that fighter should NOT fight Golovkin! Look at all these clowns talking about strategies Al Haymon can do just so Jacobs can avoid actually fighting Golovkin. Rather than thinking "great news, the #1 middleweight vs the #2 middleweight can happen!" these guys immediately start plotting ways Jacobs can not fight Golovkin. This is what our sports fans have become smdh
            I don't give a **** about Jacobs or a Golovkin-Jacobs fight, why would i want to see Golovkin fight another B- fighter?

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              It's hilarious to me that a certain group of people exist on NSB that constantly trash Golovkin's resume and yet when a good fight presents itself these same people oppose it and make excuses on why that fighter should NOT fight Golovkin! Look at all these clowns talking about strategies Al Haymon can do just so Jacobs can avoid actually fighting Golovkin. Rather than thinking "great news, the #1 middleweight vs the #2 middleweight can happen!" these guys immediately start plotting ways Jacobs can not fight Golovkin. This is what our sports fans have become smdh
              The demographic is doing what the demographic does. Being degenerated racist scum. Tons of pages of bottom feeders talking how Jacobs can avoid the fight and the fight hopefully won't happen. Disgusting.

GGG will never vacate the title. If for some reason this goes to a purse bid and Haymon wins the title, GGG will just embarrass Jacobs and knock him out in 2 rounds in front of the demographic audience and. It will be a day to remember when you see an actual quality fighter on PBC/Showtime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                The demographic is doing what the demographic does. Being degenerated racist scum. Tons of pages of bottom feeders talking how Jacobs can avoid the fight and the fight hopefully won't happen. Disgusting.

GGG will never vacate the title. If for some reason this goes to a purse bid and Haymon wins the title, GGG will just embarrass Jacobs and knock him out in 2 rounds in front of the demographic audience and. It will be a day to remember when you see an actual quality fighter on PBC/Showtime.
                Racist? Who's being racist? GTFO you stupid ****. They don't suck GGG's dick they must be racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  If he isn't going to fight anyway what does it matter? Better to have a world title than not.
                  I'm not saying your racist man.

GGG wouldn't be giving up the title because he'd agree to go with the purse bid.

HBO will let him because of the things I listed:

1. Haymon loses money over paying for the fight. He'll have to go big because he won't know how high HBO will be willing to go

2. Haymon will be giving most of it to GGG 3/4 of it.

3. HBO loses nothing.

4. Jacobs probably loses too, so Haymon just lost money to see one of his champs lose, for 3/4 of the bid.

5. GGG ends up gaining more follows from fighting in front of a new audience. And it didn't cost HBO anything.

I see no reason HBO would prevent GGG front fighting Jacobs if Haymon wins purse bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post

You'll find the majority don't want Jacobs vs GGG because its another one sided mismatch, just like the last 18 GGG fights.

Can you add me to your degenerates list please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                      I'm not saying your racist man.

GGG wouldn't be giving up the title because he'd agree to go with the purse bid.

HBO will let him because of the things I listed:

1. Haymon loses money over paying for the fight. He'll have to go big because he won't know how high HBO will be willing to go

2. Haymon will be giving most of it to GGG 3/4 of it.

3. HBO loses nothing.

4. Jacobs probably loses too, so Haymon just lost money to see one of his champs lose, for 3/4 of the bid.

5. GGG ends up gaining more follows from fighting in front of a new audience. And it didn't cost HBO anything.

I see no reason HBO would prevent GGG front fighting Jacobs if Haymon wins purse bid.
                      Golovkin is contracted to HBO, Jacobs is not. If it is not on HBO it won't happen, it's simple really, the fight will go to purses and GGG will drop the belt.

Comment

Working...
                      X