No announcement yet.

Mass shooting in California.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Name-calling and insults are just that. Just state your case in an adult manner. Is that really hard to do??

Plus, I never stated we are at war with islam. Now Islam is at war with anyone not muslim, according to their holy book.

Nope. Cuah has been trying to explain this to you for awhile now. What part can you not grasp?

Yup, I saw it. It was all over TV. Trump saw it too, and said as such. He was challenged and he proved that there were muslims celebrating.

I don't care how many celebrated. Some did, and that's enough for me. Like I said, you didn't see Catholics out celebrating all the child rapes. Not one.

Of course it is!! They are the ones who committed this heinous act. Are you blind, or sticking your head in the sand?
    I didn't say you did. I said "if you think...". Imbecile is an adult word and it conveys what I think, that is why I used it. It's not name calling, its an assessment of an individual based on an opinion.

Cuha and I see it differently. If you do not agree with me, that is fine.

No, I didn't see celebration in the Catholic church but I saw plenty of denial and attempts to hide the truth. The cover up was worse than the crime.

I saw priests, bishops and ultimately the Pope try and hide the behavior and deny it existed. Turning a blind eye for years-moving those that they knew committed hundreds of acts of pedophilia to other parishes enabling them, never reporting them to the authorities.

You and Trump share the same beliefs. Wow.

Well, I hope you have the same standard for all that you have in this case.

I hope you volunteer to go to war if we decide to deploy boots on the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      The U.S does care and I don't think it's for the nefarious reasons you laid out. We want peace in our society, when these individuals come to our cities and shoot people up, something needs to be done and nobody wants that.

We can remove ISIS from the region, and still have access to the oil there. We will just do it with another govt, better govt in place.

ISIS has to go, we need to bomb the living **** out of them and destroy thier ability to sustain themselves. That is a real possibility if we get our **** together.
      bombing is a SUPPORT thing. can't defeat an army with it.

we need ground troops to remove them. that's the problem.

we're dependent on syrian rebel groups, kurds, iraqi govt troops. so its taking a long time.

if we deploy a few brigades of us troops, they'd get mopped up in a month.

but sending ground troops is not a good idea. so we have to play the long game.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Obviously we all want to end terror attacks. I just think those in power care more about money and profit then they do lives being lost. Can't bomb them and risk destroying the oil reserves or contaminating them.

Frankly, if lives being lost were the issue we'd have a system in place where we'd prevent sales of guns to people who we think are terrorists. for example, If you can't get on a plane to fly, you probably shouldn't be sold an automatic weapon FFS.

Its a complex problem with no easy solution, I understand that. But stopping Visas and blaming Islam isn't IMO a constructive way to begin solving the issue.

We need to both fight and destroy those already radicalized/extreme while preventing more from joining them. I just do not see how this can be accomplished when I see us going after all Muslims (and I respect that you see it differently.)
        they starting bombing isis oil weeks ago. after paris.

Comment

• D-MiZe

gracies didn't invent brazilian jiu-jitsu.

jujitsu sound portuguese to you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            they starting bombing isis oil weeks ago. after paris.
            I thought that was Russia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              D-MiZe

gracies didn't invent brazilian jiu-jitsu.

jujitsu sound portuguese to you?
              Don't be pedantic, Tua.

Why do you think I mentioned Japanese origins?

Comment

I thought that was Russia.
                they did too.

but us/nato as well. started after paris.

the reason they didn't before was POLITICAL not FINANCIAL.

the oil workers/oil truck drivers were NON-ISIS civilians. plus ISIS put civilian as human shields in sites.

they didn't want to kill civilians. looks bad especially since that's what we accuse assad of.

but after paris, they loosened some of the ROE.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  Don't be pedantic, Tua.

Why do you think I mentioned Japanese origins?

you said invent.

Comment

You absolutely are judging all Muslims on the actions of a few.
                    Nope.

AGAIN, I simply said that their holy book tells them to kill all who are not muslim. Catch up.

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    For me its simple-if people like you continue to make all Muslims guilty of the actions of a few, then it makes the problem significantly harder to address.
                    No, it's people like you who make excuses for them and attacks the wrongs of other religions that make the problem impossible to address.

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    We need moderate, non violent Muslims to reach out to extremists and show them a different path.
                    They've had a few hundred years and have not done it yet. You can hold your breath and wait for that to happen, but I'm certainly not.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      I didn't cherry pick the facts, I was specifically referring to the modern era because that's what directly relates to what is happening right now.
                      And I brought up their hundreds of years of documented history of violence and terror. Face it, they were committing acts of terror against the world (and the US specifically) long before the modern era. You're simply trying to cherry pick to avoid the truth. Why is that?

Comment

Working...
                      X