Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin's Coach Very Pleased With Training Camp For Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly why the great USA black hope wilder ducked Povetkin

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
      No chance of that this time. As soon as Povetkin get's within punching distance of AJ, the ref will break them up.
      Yep. Guaranteed. Probably use same ref as parker fight

Comment

I have a feeling AJ will pull a Wlad on Povetkin whenever he gets in. If the ref doesn't break them up right away.

Comment

Povetkin does not stand a chance against Joshua. He would be out of there in 6

Comment

Coach Very Pleased, no doping controls so far!

Povetkin's Coach is Very Pleased because the VADA CBP has done no doping controls so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              Exactly why the great USA black hope wilder ducked Povetkin
              Congrats, you got someone to respond to your dumb ass post. But your either an internet troll or can’t read or part of the KKK. Because if you read the article or knew anything about boxing at all instead of a white hooded outfit, you would know Wilder and Povetkin were scheduled to fight in 2016 and the fight was cancelled because Povetkin tested positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy3008 View Post
                I am sure Joshua and trainer Rob Mccracken have studied the Klitschko-Povetkin fight and will try do the same here. This could be quite boring with lots of clinching.
                Nah. AJ may lean on Povetkin on the inside a bit if he gets into punching range but I'd be surprised if he didn't try to keep Povetkin at the end of his jab and setup his overhand right.
                If Povetkin can bend his knees enough to dip down under Joshua's jab while using upper body movement to get inside, he has a chance to land a big shot but that's his only chance IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Aficionado View Post
                  Povetkin's Coach is Very Pleased because the VADA CBP has done no doping controls so far!
                  No handicap for either fighter then.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
                    Nah. AJ may lean on Povetkin on the inside a bit if he gets into punching range but I'd be surprised if he didn't try to keep Povetkin at the end of his jab and setup his overhand right.
                    Povetkin's blatant steroid use aside. Joshua's a far dirtier fighter than Wlad was. Klitschko may have won nearly half his fights on leaning alone, but most of those guys ducked their heads right into his mid-section to get there. Against Povetkin he was literally jumping into the air to push Povetkin down. I can scarcely imagine how dirty AJ will fight if Wladmir resorted to such absurd tactics in their fight.

Against Parker, he pulled the back of his opponent's head into uppercuts repeatedly. Povetkin's a MUCH bigger threat, I wouldn't be surprised to see him throw a knee to secure the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
                      Really? I was thinking of getting back on weights but dislocated my shoulder 18 months ago. Would I be best avoiding chest flys?
                      I can see the benefit in them, and they are fun to do, but anyone with shoulder problems should avoid them for life (along with side raises and front raises). Stick to standard chest presses with shoulderblades always tucked in, and the shoulders should be OK.

Comment

Working...
                      X