No announcement yet.

Was the 164 offer really that bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the 164 offer really that bad?

I know the whole Golovkin Ward fiasco is far behind us but I could never wrap my head around how Golovkin asking to fight at 164 was a duck. Wouldn't Ward still have an advantage because he's bigger? How is it a duck when a smaller guy wants to make it as fair as possible but the bigger guy wants to keep all of his advantages?

Lil g ducked. He aint want that work

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
      I know the whole Golovkin Ward fiasco is far behind us but I could never wrap my head around how Golovkin asking to fight at 164 was a duck. Wouldn't Ward still have an advantage because he's bigger? How is it a duck when a smaller guy wants to make it as fair as possible but the bigger guy wants to keep all of his advantages?
      when ward made the offer for 168 golovkins fans said "ward cant even make 168 anymore anyway so its just a ploy"....

why didnt lil g ask for 164 for chavez or froch?

how many times has golovkins team mentioned fighting at 168? didnt abel say that would be his best weight?

why is he trying to drain an old, boring, featherfisted, irrelevant guy?

Comment

it was a duck especially since GGG said he would fight anyone from 154-168. he would fight chavez jr at 168 but ward at 164 knowing ward cant make that weight ROFL.

Comment

There isnt an issue with 164, should be the only time catchweights should be used. Ward guys issue is he said hed fight all the other guys at the 168 limit, but wanted 164 for Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            when ward made the offer for 168 golovkins fans said "ward cant even make 168 anymore anyway so its just a ploy"....

why didnt lil g ask for 164 for chavez or froch?

how many times has golovkins team mentioned fighting at 168? didnt abel say that would be his best weight?

why is he trying to drain an old, boring, featherfisted, irrelevant guy?
            Because Ward is a level above ****ing Chavez Fruit Loops and Swerve Golovkin Froch. Against another A level fighter you need to have it as impartial as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
              it was a duck especially since GGG said he would fight anyone from 154-168. he would fight chavez jr at 168 but ward at 164 knowing ward cant make that weight ROFL.
              I love you.

Comment

They said anybody from 154-168 & Ward said ok and they said 164 for you. For Chavez Jr & Froch its 168.

Comment

Because Ward is a level above ****ing Chavez Fruit Loops and Swerve Golovkin Froch. Against another A level fighter you need to have it as impartial as possible.
                  ohhh..ok....yeah....that sounds like a good excuse..lol

no duck then...clearly you are the supreme final word

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    ohhh..ok....yeah....that sounds like a good excuse..lol

no duck then...clearly you are the supreme final word
                    So you think fighting a great fighter 8 pounds heavier than you is fair?

Comment

Working...
                    X