Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who said it : A republican or an insane person?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    I apologize.

I didn't realize my political views on democrats in a Republican bash thread would be considered Race baiting.

I'll be leaving now. Hopefully some funny responses come out comparing Republican to Charles Manson and Adolf Hitler.

have a good day

can you compare margarito to a historical figure for me?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      That's one quote out of twenty.

What other ones weren't "that bad"?
      Didn't read them all because most seemed to be stupid, but at least 1 quote was highly intelligent so I guess using it to paint a political ideology as idotic hence comparing the statements to insane people obviously missed a real gem.

Comment

I watch and read about WAYYYYY too much about politics, policy and the goings on of the Gov't because I genuinely have heard all 10 of those Republican quotes and I was just racking my brain trying to remember when and who said each.

Comment

That's one quote out of twenty.

What other ones weren't "that bad"?
          “I think we have to understand that when tolerance becomes a one-way street, it will lead to cultural suicide.” (Seen it in action in the great multi-culti UK)

“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.” (I could give you so many real life examples of this)

“Feminism is about victimization (the other part was half true half ad-hominem)

“I don’t want to make black people’s lives better by giving them money, I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money.” (You could replace black with any other race and it'd be fine, too)

Comment

Originally posted by fishscale View Post
            The insanity of a person doesn't necessarily mean what they're saying or the point they're making is insane too.If an insane man says 1 + 1 = 2 does that suddenly undermine that assertion?
            I don't recall anybody in this thread having stated that it did. However, none of the insane people on this list are arguing proven mathematics.

Your little game/point crumples when you take that into consideration.
            I fail to see how, considering that the insane people on this list are all espousing opinions that are in tow with the vast majority of conservative republicans.

Ted Kaczynski had a genius level IQ by the way.
            Completely irrelevant. Furthermore, intelligence quotient is a fundamentally flawed way of looking at intelligence.

Comment

I apologize.

I didn't realize my political views on democrats in a Republican bash thread would be considered Race baiting.

I'll be leaving now. Hopefully some funny responses come out comparing Republican to Charles Manson and Adolf Hitler.

have a good day
              you stay on your knees, ala cotto.

Comment

I don't recall anybody in this thread having stated that it did. However, none of the insane people on this list are arguing proven mathematics.
                That's completely besides the point.

I fail to see how, considering that the insane people on this list are all espousing opinions that are in tow with the vast majority of conservative republicans.
                Because I can go find 100s of leftist quotes from certified insane people and famous leftists and you'd also be hard-pressed to tell the difference. The point of what I said previous about insanity shouldn't undermine the argument was said due to this very reason, it's a shallow attack on peoples views, comparing them to an "insane" person, it holds no weight, it's fake.

It's exactly the same as when you're in a debate and someone says "the nazis liked that too...".

Completely irrelevant. Furthermore, intelligence quotient is a fundamentally flawed way of looking at intelligence.
                It's not irrelevant if you read my post as a whole. Intelligence quotient is flawed, I agree, but Ted Kaczynski was a very intelligent man in many regards as his teachers, schools and qualifications can attest to. "Insane" people can still be intelligent.

Comment

It should be noted that the entire purpose of creating this thread and the subsequent playing of this game is actually not to strike up another left vs. right lounge debate, but to honestly highlight how ****ing difficult it is to make your choices on this quiz with complete confidence. In doing so, it just so happens to also underline how out of touch Republican leadership is with most human beings.
                  Are you a Democrat?

Comment

I apologize.

have a good day

Race baiting aside you know nothing of the nature of politics. The majority of minorities don't vote Democratic because they believe "They will get something" they vote Democratic because it's obvious Republicans couldn't give two ****s about them. Why do you think Hispanices voted 70 percent for the President? His broken spanish won them over? No, Republicans continuously spew bile, call them "Illegals" and even now are fighting tooth and nail to kill immigration reform. Contrary to your twisted belief everyday people, who may not watch these things that closely, can tell when someone hates their guts.

Comment

Originally posted by fishscale View Post
                      That's completely besides the point.
                      Beside the point.

Because I can go find 100s of leftist quotes from certified insane people and famous leftists and you'd also be hard-pressed to tell the difference.
                      Then do it and make a thread about it.

The point of what I said previous about insanity shouldn't undermine the argument was said due to this very reason, it's a shallow attack on peoples views, comparing them to an "insane" person, it holds no weight, it's fake.

It's exactly the same as when you're in a debate and someone says "the nazis liked that too...".
                      You seem to have quite the obsession with defending the views of the insane. Given your previous posts of agreeance in regards to the quotes about feminism and tolerance, I can't honestly say I'm surprised.

It's not irrelevant if you read my post as a whole. Intelligence quotient is flawed, I agree, but Ted Kaczynski was a very intelligent man in many regards as his teachers, schools and qualifications can attest to. "Insane" people can still be intelligent.
                      So basically what you are saying is that it's wrong to compare republicans to insane people, because even insane people have their moments of intelligence?

Got it.

Are you a Democrat?
                      I'm a (mostly) liberal independent.

Comment

Working...
                      X