What does your routine look like?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My old workout when i was training back in the day-

Tue + Thu

speed run around the block ( 1 1/3rd miles, trying to beat previous times)
    stretching
    5 x rounds of shadow boxing
    20mins of continuous skipping
    5-7 rounds of bagworks (mixture of heavy bag, floor to ceiling and padwork) (on sparring days these rounds would be replaced with sparring)

exercises i've forgot the quantitys-
    back hyper extensions,
    sit ups
    stomach crunches
    side crunches
    push ups
    neck exercises
    (occasionally medicine ball work)

sundays-

the same as above but replace the run at the beginning to a 2 1/2 mile run at the end, and 1/2 mile swimming ( although a bit more relaxed)

Mon, Wed & fri

These days were less structered at a weights gym-

a few rounds shadow boxing and bagwork to warm up (bagwork including speedball on these days)
    split routine weights program
    finished with 2 1/2 mile run (bloody hated running)

sat-

1/2 mile swimming ( im not the strongest swimmer)
    and lots and lots of time in hot tub, sauna and steam room.

when trying to drop weight i added another 2 1/2 mile run in on mon, wed & fri.

The problem is now days when i go to train i think i can do the same routines and nearly die after a fraction of it ha.
    Last edited by lightningleeroy; 04-22-2018, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lightningleeroy View Post

The problem is now days when i go to train i think i can do the same routines and nearly die after a fraction of it ha.

Yeah I worry about that! I'm 30 right now so feel like anytime now I'll be at a point where I'll never be able to get into the kind of shape I was once able to!

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
        Yeah I worry about that! I'm 30 right now so feel like anytime now I'll be at a point where I'll never be able to get into the kind of shape I was once able to!
        that was my routine when i was between 16-19, im now 32 and its the lack of motivation that really does me in, when competing there was a purpose to it all, now its like i cant really be bothered for more than a few months a year. Wish i never stopped training really.

Comment

Originally posted by lightningleeroy View Post
          that was my routine when i was between 16-19, im now 32 and its the lack of motivation that really does me in, when competing there was a purpose to it all, now its like i cant really be bothered for more than a few months a year. Wish i never stopped training really.

Ah yeah I know what you mean about how having "something" you are training for helps with motivation.

At 30 I feel like my conditioning and all that hasn't slipped at all, but it seems like I'm a bit more susceptible to little aches and pains when I work out really hard.

Comment

Pretty interesting posting

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
              Ah yeah I know what you mean about how having "something" you are training for helps with motivation.

At 30 I feel like my conditioning and all that hasn't slipped at all, but it seems like I'm a bit more susceptible to little aches and pains when I work out really hard.
              My conditioning began to slip off once I got past 40. Then I began to feel it.

Comment

I need to change my routine. I usually go running before I go to the gym, because I like going outside during the day light and I enjoy the sun, and I don't have to worry about running into skunks.

The problem with running during the day and going to the gym after, is that it expends too much energy for workouts and sparring.

I need to turn into a night runner from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                  I need to change my routine. I usually go running before I go to the gym, because I like going outside during the day light and I enjoy the sun, and I don't have to worry about running into skunks.

The problem with running during the day and going to the gym after, is that it expends too much energy for workouts and sparring.

I need to turn into a night runner from now on.
                  I always split my runs and workouts into two separate days.

Comment

Working...
                  X