Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Warns Khan: Don't Try To Be Mayweather!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amir Khan can't stand flat footed in front of Canelo he'd get knocked out early.Khan has to outbox Canelo avoid heavy damage for 12 rounds to win

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      Lara couldn't beat Canelo by hitting and moving and he is far superior to Khan in every department. He was also getting trapped often and had to take some big shots.

Khan can talk Mayweather all he wants, but we know he's not going to fight like that, because he can't. He's going to try and potshot and run.

I see absolutely no way in which this fight is competitive.
      THIS! Nailed it bro. Khan will get caught and when he does it's over. RIP Khan

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        I didn't find Canelo's performance particularly impressive against Lara and Cotto. The Lara fight was real close, he didn't accomplish all that much and certainly didn't look like he had him figured out. Cotto was a clear win but he was not overly dominate.

I think Canelo will run in to similarly issues if faced with someone who can box with him from the outside. Luckily for him Khan is not superior so this issue should be all good for this fight.
        I would've liked for Canelo to turn in up from round ~8 on. There were a few times in the later rounds that Canelo could've gotten Cotto outta there and he decided to play it safe.

Like you said, it was a clear win for Canelo, but I would've liked for him to put a big stamp on that victory.

Comment

"Prince" Nazim Hamed vs. Marco Antonio Barrera Part 2

This fight is going to be action packed from the opening bell! Khan will train like never before to try and shock the world. CANELO will try and make a statement in this fight with everything that's on the line for him.

Virgil Hunter you better have a white towel in one hand and smelling salts in the other hand as soon as the opening bell rings!

CANELO #1 P4P
          UNDISPUTED MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION
          Last edited by REYESdelBOXEO; 03-01-2016, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Real fans know this is a waste of time a mismatch!!!! To say khan has a chance...can't believe Dela hoya made this fight...HOPEFULLY khan doesnt get a serious injury ...

Comment

Khan isn't even a better boxer than Canelo. Khan ONLY has a speed advantage on his feet but with that horrid footwork and chin up way of fighting it's moot. It's not a functional advantage at all.

Canelo would starch Khan even if they were the same size. There are levels to this. Is khan even a top 5 147 pounder? Pac, Thurman, Bradley, Brook, Danny G, Porter, and we might even be able to add JMM to that above Khan. Canelo is at worst number 3 at 160 and at best number 1 or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                Why the hell not? It worked pretty well for Berto against Guererro.
                lol,id actually pay to see Khan try the shoulder roll

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
                  Canelo- I was paid an extra 5 million to make Floyd look good, you did not so don't expect me to be the same with you LOL

Comment

..I wonder if Khan watch his fight with Maidana on video because he was literally running for his life against a Super Lightweight. Canelo is not as slow as Maidana and look what happened, that win almost got him killed and there is no way Canelo will never connect...but good luck to Khan because even the judges wont even give him any round.

Comment

Originally posted by iloveboxing2 View Post
                      ..I wonder if Khan watch his fight with Maidana on video because he was literally running for his life against a Super Lightweight. Canelo is not as slow as Maidana and look what happened, that win almost got him killed and there is no way Canelo will never connect...but good luck to Khan because even the judges wont even give him any round.
                      Maidana is faster than people give him credit for and lot less predictable than Canelo. Canelo will certainly connect and Khan does seem to have lost some speed even though hes only 29. Khan probably gets KO'd by the 6th round. If Canelo can't hit that chin then Khan has a path to a win.

Sadly, even if Khan outboxes Canelo he won't get the decision. Floyd clearly beat Canelo and only got an MD. Floyd has more star power, more talent, and more pull in Vegas than Khan can ever dream of and still almost got robbed on the cards against Canelo. Its going to be next to impossible for Khan to win this fight for a number of reasons.

Comment

Working...
                      X