No announcement yet.

Cotto & the WBO are a joke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    All the abc groups f#cking suck. I can't honestly say that any one move or a bunch of moves makes one the worst abc group cuz I believe all these groups existing right now is a bigger problem than any particular move they can make & one could argue that makes one specific abc group the worse. That move isn't the worst thing about them...its the fact they all exist in the first f#cking place that's the worst thing.

I agree, they all suck. They all have agendas.

Comment

All these belt orgs are a joke. Cotto getting a a title shot basically out of blue after not fighting for 2 years doesn't even get me upset because I already know it's all politics, money and shady. Most of these belts mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Demonio1023 View Post
        This is a business first and foremost. The WBO sanctioned this fight because Cotto is well known and they get to put their sanctioning fees on the fight, which I believe is a certain percentage as oppose to a flat fee. So would they rather have 2 nobodies fighting for their belt who will only bring in $2k (example) in sanctioning fees or a popular name like Cotto and have $20k (example) in sanctioning fees? Does Cotto or Kamegai deserve to fight for a title, probably not, they have not done anything to deserve it. Cotto is ranked #1 and Kamegai at #5 so it is a great opportunity for both. The only other well known ranked fighter at that weight is Jermall Charlo and he is sitting at #10.

When I looked at the guys ranked before Kamegai and after Cotto, I saw why the WBO chose Kamegai.

#1 is Cotto

#2 is Liam Williams who is not well known but he has a rematch scheduled with Liam Smith

#3 is Dennis Hogan, no one knows who this guy is and his record is laughable

#4 is Stepan Horvath, another one that no one knows and his record is also laughable

#5 is Kamegai, between these guys listed and Kamegai. Kamegai by far is the most known and popular out of the guys mentioned.

So I can see why the WBO did that.

However, I still do not think this is a Title fight. I don't mind the fight, I do mind that the fight is for a title though. But it is what it is. Boxing politics at it's best.
        Last edited by The Time; 05-25-2017, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Marquez Vs. Cotto in Dec. For the WBO 154lbs title... mark it down

Comment

Originally posted by Cuerno De Chivo View Post
            WBO is the worst boxing sanctioning organization. WBO is corrupt and their rankings are ****. Basically the WBO is a HBO belt.

&

Cotto is a con artist living of his past similar to Khan(& please don't compare Pacquiao situation to Cotto because Pac is fighting a ranked undefeated untested boxer in his home country instead of Cotto fighting a journeyman). He should retire soon or don't bum pick for gift belts & fight top tier competition.

Cotto should be fighting the likes of Andrade, Lara, Soro, or even Omar Chavez(who is coming off a big win).
            when i saw this, i threw up a little in mouth

why didnt they make Cotto fight Andrade, Martirosyan, Lubin, Charlo, Trout etc...someone actually ranked at 154

This is the same thing WBC did with manny who is a star fighting unranked Margarito at 150(junior mw) for a strap when better opponents were available or there

Comment

Working...
            X