Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Straight up- Will GGG-Canelo happen this year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It happens in September at the full 160 and people will still find some way to complain about the fight.

Comment

Excuses

1.GGG is pricing himself out
      2.the ball is in GGG court
      3.GGG refused the terms
      4.GGG wont go to mexico
      5.GGG already has an opponent

They are waiting out GGG to lose or age
      The mayweather formula

Comment

Golovkin/Sanchez obviously wants it in September this year. So does HBO.

But HBO/Kellerman made a huge mistake in not letting GG say a few words in front of Canelo, make them face each other. That would have made huge headlines.

Comment

I don't think it will ever happen. Every member of Golden Boy promotions and team Canelo are insulting GGG and saying how weak his opposition has been and how he hasn't earned a fight with Canelo. It sure as hell sounds like they are getting their excuses ready for not fighting him. Oscar is scared ****less of GGG and he doesn't want his biggest money maker getting his ass kicked. If they had any intentions of fighting GGG they wouldn't be working overtime trashing him. Golden Boy member Hopkins is now insisting GGG should fight Kovalev instead of Canelo. Golden Boy would love that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
            Excuses

1.GGG is pricing himself out
            2.the ball is in GGG court
            3.GGG refused the terms
            4.GGG wont go to mexico
            5.GGG already has an opponent

They are waiting out GGG to lose or age
            The mayweather formula
            You got that right.

Comment

How many things in boxing that seemed to good to be true happens. Its very rare. that said, for some reason the fight doesnt happen.

Comment

Nah....Oscar understands that this sport us driven by casual idiots. He's smart enough to feed them what they want to hear and buy more time.

I think the pressure needs to turn to Jacobs who is hiding behind Uncle Al and posing as a champion with his WBA participation ribbon.

Comment

I am a long time Canelo fan and I will remain a fan if he doesn't fight GGG. After all, Martinez, Cotto, Jacobs, Quillen and Saunders won't or wouldn't fight GGG either so Canelo is not the only guy to avoid GGG. If Canelo proves me wrong and does fight GGG then I give much respect to him for taking a fight he will probably lose. GGG is the best middleweight in the world and most boxing people know it.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    Nah....Oscar understands that this sport us driven by casual idiots. He's smart enough to feed them what they want to hear and buy more time.

I think the pressure needs to turn to Jacobs who is hiding behind Uncle Al and posing as a champion with his WBA participation ribbon.
                    This may be a sad reality, and the thought of it is terrible. I just read something on twitter by Teddy Atlas that read something along the lines of- he doesn't think it'll happen because there's too much money to be made from Canelo fighting "other," opponents.... so he doesn't think they'll fight GGG.

Basically, like you both say- GBP/Canelo could make millions for the next few years fighting everybody not named GGG, with little to no risk... As opposed to taking the Golovkin fight and possibly losing. (potentially derailing all of that. depending how bad the loss would be)

I suppose Jacobs would be the next 160lb fight. But do you really wanna see that, man? It's Canelo next or such a HUGE bust for me. Jacobs would get absolutely flattened (just like Canelo, IMO) but the difference being a win against Jacobs would do absolutely nothing for GGG, similar to the Wade fight. His only next linear step is Canelo. He needs that fight for the casuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      canelo already said 160 lbs is no problem. we'll have to wait and see. maybe he drops down to 154 lbs again. what else does GBP has?
                      They got nothing unless they team up with Top Rank and try to get Pacquiao or Bradley. I'm sure Oscar is on the phone right now (assuming he's still awake from his coke binge last night).

Comment

Working...
                      X