Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Time Wladimir Klitschko Hires A Real Trainer. Who?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is who can train a HW these days ?

Comment

Vitali... he would perhaps kick him in the nuts and tell him to actually fight.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
        Maybe, but don't you think it's a little late for that? Realistically how long would it take him to find and gel with a trainer? I'd say at least six months to a year...unless his brother decides to train him.
        Yes i agree, it will take time for training!

Comment

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
          The problem is who can train a HW these days ?
          Yes who will that!!! that's also a valid question!!!

Comment

This fight confirms what some of us have been saying for years. The guy is a solid fighter with some power but he is hopelessly stiff, reluctant to engage and when faced with someone who gives him angles and isn't intimidated by his size and jab, he has no answers.

He only looks invincible when guys hopelessly plod forward with no angles, jab or head movement.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
              I'm a fan of Wlad's but this is not Banks' fault. This is on Wlad.
              Precisely this. This isn't the fault of a trainer, the reason Wladimir lost was because Fury knew how to offset his habits and Wladimir is so set in his ways he couldn't snap out of it. Simple as that.

Even if Manny Steward was still with us and in Wlad's corner I can still see Wlad's performance being very similar. Steward would have actually had the methods of motivation he needed in between rounds, but I can't see Wlad actually doing much as a result of it.

Wladimir fights in a way that means he only commits when it is safe to do so. Fury was too unpredictable for him to feel this, therefore he didn't engage. That isn't a trainers fault, it is his.

Comment

It doesn't matter.

Whatever trainer Wladimir hires, be it Banks, Roach or whoever, they can't get in the ring and fight Tyson Fury for him.

Comment

Roach is not a good trainer for him, he will tell him to be offensive and gets himself knocked out.

Hunter is not bad, but still not good for him, Wlad is not a guy with a lot of movements.

He should stick with Banks. Wlad knows what he has to do, he needed some more motivation not a different trainer. the guy is 39 years old now and accomplished a lot, finding motivation is a bit difficult, and when you knock guys out like he used to he just a bit confident (not motivated). He always had problems when fighting guys taller then him, with a different trainer the result would have been the same.

Comment

He is 39. That's the problem. Sure his corner failed against Fury. I don't really care if Banks said the right Things as someone has pointed out. The bottom line is that they failed to get Wlad to DO the right things.

Now at age 39 would thing be different with another trainer. I doubt it. Only thing is if that trainer had some authority that Wlad would respect. Maybe Ulli Wegner.

Comment

He cant do it, he is too old and too adapted to this style he is using now.

He could probably do slightly better with that dude who trains Algieri but even then its upto Wlad to change his fighting style. He is a zero risk taker.

Comment

Working...
                      X