Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Froch Doesn't Fight Degale It's The Same As When Calzaghe Didn't Fight Him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Froch Doesn't Fight Degale It's The Same As When Calzaghe Didn't Fight Him?

Before Calzaghe retired, Carl Froch was seen as one of the biggest threats in the division but Joe never fought him, even after Froch constantly called him out for years. Instead, Joe went after the money fights. At the time, Froch wasn't too well-known.

Degale is now Froch's mandatory and he's made it clear that he wants to fight Froch straight away. He called Froch out years ago but now he's in a mandatory position for the title so he's earned the right to fight Froch - it's not just a random call out, it's a fight that should legitimately take place based on rankings.

Now, if Froch doesn't fight Degale would he be doing something similar to what Calzaghe did to him years ago? Froch is now a proven champion and a boxing star, he has the freedom to do what he wants but that doesn't change the fact that Degale finds himself in a position where the champion might not fight him even though he's the mandatory challenger. Degale might be cold-shouldered by Froch, just like Froch was cold-shouldered by Calzaghe.

if froch didnt fight groves then it would be like calzaghe not fighting froch

Comment

Not at all even though I'm a Degale fan. Froch has more than proven himself and has done it the hard way.

Comment

Yeah it's similar but Calzaghe wasn't wrong in his decision and neither will Froch be should he choose to go for a bigger fight. Chunky can just fight for the vacant title like Froch did.

I kinda don't want to see the fight because I'm a huge fan of both guys.

Comment

No it's not because carl has just given a shot to the best young fighter in Britain, not once but twice. Calzaghe didn't do that.

Froch has nothing to prove by doing it again.

Comment

Calzaghe was already at 175 by the time froch had gotten a good win at 168 not anywhere close to the same thing Froch is still a title holder at 168 and degale just got his best win on the undercard of froch.

Comment

I must have missed when Froch moved up to LHW and became the lineal champion.

Originally posted by F!x View Post
              Before Calzaghe retired, Carl Froch was seen as one of the biggest threats in the division but Joe never fought him, even after Froch constantly called him out for years. Instead, Joe went after the money fights. At the time, Froch wasn't too well-known.

Degale is now Froch's mandatory and he's made it clear that he wants to fight Froch straight away. He called Froch out years ago but now he's in a mandatory position for the title so he's earned the right to fight Froch - it's not just a random call out, it's a fight that should legitimately take place based on rankings.

Now, if Froch doesn't fight Degale would he be doing something similar to what Calzaghe did to him years ago? Froch is now a proven champion and a boxing star, he has the freedom to do what he wants but that doesn't change the fact that Degale finds himself in a position where the champion might not fight him even though he's the mandatory challenger. Degale might be cold-shouldered by Froch, just like Froch was cold-shouldered by Calzaghe.

Even after the Pascal win nobody knew who Froch was. Not until the Taylor fight did Carl ghost write this for you or something?
              Last edited by Mikhnienko; 06-02-2014, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Yes, it's the same but there's nothing wrong with it. It's the intelligent thing to do because it's their job, their living. It's not a video game, it's their family's future so going for the money is the right thing.

Comment

I think Froch acknowledges that Calzaghe did what was best for him. Froch did fight the Groves mandatory when there were bigger fights out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    I think Froch acknowledges that Calzaghe did what was best for him. Froch did fight the Groves mandatory when there were bigger fights out there.
                    He did fight Groves, that true, but Degale is now a mandatory and they are two different people. Groves essentially had two shots at winning the world title against Froch, even after being beaten in the first fight while Degale has worked himself into the position of being the mandatory but it's anyone's guess if Froch will fight him. I just think it would be unfair for Degale if Froch didn't fight him, just like it was unfair for Froch when Calzaghe didn't fight him.

But Froch has had so many tough fights back to back too, it's a difficult to know where to stand on the issue because Froch has earned the right to do what he wants while Degale has earned a shot at Froch.

Comment

Working...
                    X