Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather Be Leonard To Khans Hearns.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Mayweather Be Leonard To Khans Hearns.

I always felt that Mayweathers kayo record wasn't a reflection of his true punching power.

He's so (I don't want to use the word afraid, wary?) of leaving himself open that he throws with speed rather than maximum leverage. He's done it on occasion with excellent results but winning with minimal risk is his way.

This isn't a criticism before fanboys start squealing, just my observation. I'm admirer of Floyd & have been since 1996.

But knowing how Khans chin can be shaky, added to his speed & decent boxing skill, will Mayweather take more risks than usual in their bout?

******ed comparison. thats all that needs to be said here.

Comment

His punching power very underrated he's not Mike Tyson but he gets his respect

Comment

comparing mayweather to Leonard ... I can accept that
        comparing kahn to hearns ....

Comment

Yeh Mayweather's power def gets over looked. When you throw with such precision and accuracy you, for lack of a better term "gain respect" of your opponent. A well placed punch will always go unnoticed. And if you do it consistently it can not be ignored.

Comment

Leonard was Always a big puncher and everyone knew it. he was knocking guys out cold all the way back to his amateur days (unlike hearns), he won his gold medal stopping a cuban in the final.

Floyd is a good puncher and you are right about that assessment but thats about it. comparing him to leaonard is silly and comparing khan to hearns is so ******ed it should result in a lifetime ban from boxing forums, arenas, gyms, movies and everything else boxing related.

Comment

I think some of you lot get carried away with the childish stuff on the main board so you don't really read the post past the first line.

I'm not saying Floyd is Leonard or Khan is Hearns. Each is his own man & I was lucky enough to be around for the formers era - and before that.

The thread is about whether Mayweather would be more aggressive than usual knowing that Khan is shaky in the chin department.

Seriously lads. You generally get people prepared to look at boxing on this sight rather than get all giddy that they're allowed on the internet without parental control. Leave the childish stuff to the main board. If you don't understand a thread, move on to the next one about so & so ducking, or being a coward, or gay or whatever other silly stuff the main board loves to roll in.

So, do yo think Mayweather would be more aggressive in a Khan bout than he normally is?

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                I think some of you lot get carried away with the childish stuff on the main board so you don't really read the post past the first line.

I'm not saying Floyd is Leonard or Khan is Hearns. Each is his own man & I was lucky enough to be around for the formers era - and before that.

The thread is about whether Mayweather would be more aggressive than usual knowing that Khan is shaky in the chin department.

Seriously lads. You generally get people prepared to look at boxing on this sight rather than get all giddy that they're allowed on the internet without parental control. Leave the childish stuff to the main board. If you don't understand a thread, move on to the next one about so & so ducking, or being a coward, or gay or whatever other silly stuff the main board loves to roll in.

So, do yo think Mayweather would be more aggressive in a Khan bout than he normally is?

No, Khan is going to be getting hit with pin point shots and probably would go in thinking his speed will nullify Floyd's timing, but Khan doesn't realize he sucks.

Floyd has good enough power to stop Khan imo, if the fight did happen I can see Khan becoming very hesitant by the 5th/6th round to throw and Floyd will just pick him apart.

Comment

Floyd is also protecting his brittle hands. Still, I think he stops Khan in round 6-9.

Comment

I understand the question taansend (and I'm also capable of reading your whole post, processing it and delivering a relevant response). This mini forum can't end up like NSB!

I think if you disregard the finish to the Ortiz fight, because that was a ridiculous ending, his recent fights have followed the same pattern of stacking rounds, then if the guy goes for broke (like Hatton), he found the KO.

Alvarez/Guerrero he stacked rounds, although he was more aggressive in the Cotto fight I feel he could have got him out of there, Mosley again UD domination as with Marquez.

So.... yes I think Khan's capability of winning rounds, and that his biggest weakness is his shot resistance, you would expect more aggression. In a magical fantasy world it would be great to see Khan stack a reasonable lead over the first half of the fight, and see an aggressive Floyd chase.

However Danny showed that timing negated Khan's speed.

I'd watch it, I've followed Khan since the Olympics and he's been very entertaining (just slightly ******ed in interviews).

Comment

Working...
                    X