Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who deserved fighter of the decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bernard Hopkins had a huge decade of History making fights. From 2002 - 2005, Bernard made history with 20 consecutive title defenses as well as becoming the first Undisputed Middle Weight Champion to hold all four major titles. After losing twice to Jermaine Taylor moved up to Leight Heavyweight to beat Antonio Taver to win the title at 41. He also had an enormous win against a young undefeated Kelly Pavlik at 43 years young. Then later making history, winning th light-heavyweight title at 46 years old. A truely historical Career. Not to Mention, yet to lose by Ko/Tko in his very long, hard fighting Career!

Comment

H
      Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Floyd Mayweather, not even close between the two. The real rival is Hopkins IMO.
      This I agree with. I don't see how Hopkins doesn't get much love. I like Manny a lot but he's part hype job.

Comment

Manny Pacquiao with Floyd being the runner up.

It didn't help that Floyd went on a 3 year vacation.
        You can't compare Leonard and May's vacation because Sugar Ray's resume is already locked for greatness in that decade, with beating Hagler as icing on the cake. Floyd has no Hearns, Hagler, and Duran on his resume.

Comment

I'm voting for the guy who actually won it. Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            This is the longest standing account I have had on here I'm proud I made it >1 year with the same account for once.
            no its not!

Comment

The reason you could say Manny Pacquiao isn't is because his obvious decline the past 3- or 4 years. I say Hopkins because of his resilience and heart/love for the sport at a later age; while to many observers it seems Pacquiao has lost his interest and drive to still be successful. While Hopkins has learned the science, Pacquiao continues to show lack of successful knowledge to change any aspect of his game.

Comment

Pacman is easily the most exciting fighter of the decade! He also had great success and the decade is from 2000 to 2010 unless your changing the calander!!! Floyd is an accomplished fighter but theres nothing exciting about him because he rarely "makes" the fight! Hopkins is Floyd Sr senior hahaha another boring guy who would rather steal a fight than fight to win it!! Ray.

Comment

I'd say it's a toss up between Audley Harrison and Carlos Baldomir.

Comment

Inactivity killed it for Floyd.

Comment

Floyd was only inactive for one year
                      Fighting once a year ain't great but 2008 was the only year he didn't fight
                      Calendar year anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X