Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Gets Off The Floor, Knocks Klitschko Out in Eleventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I noticed watching the replay, starting around the 9th, Banks telling Klitschko he had one more round. Incidentally that's when I saw a little doubt setting in on Klitschko. I don't know if that's a good thing to tell a fighter especiallly since Klitschko was doing well around that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
      HOLY FRUCKKKK! WILDER STILL KNOCKS OUT JOSHUA AND WLAD..... GREAT FIGHT!!!
      And your going on what that Wilder Knocks out Journey Men he couldn't even stop Stiverne a C level fighter

Comment

• Great fight but round 5 (I think it was- the round that Joshua knocked him down) was bizaare. Joshua seemed to punch himself out in the space of about 30 seconds! He got caught after Wlad got up but it was really strange to see, he had WK hurt but was stumbling around all flat and heavy footed rather than going for the kill. I think it was a left hook that caught him but it didn't seem to catch him flush or rock him that badly but his body language seemed either knackered or hurt. I actually said to someone earlier that his uppercut was his secret weapon- it's been devastating before and I thought if Klitschko gets in close to grab and hold then it could take him out.

He definitely took a round or two off to get his breath back but when he turned it on he looked seriously dangerous. I wasn't scoring the fight but it seemed very close and I could understand the judges being split.

Interesting to see what's next. Fury,Tyson that is, is just not gonna happen any time soon, he's just not in good enough shape to even start training for it. So it's basically Deontay Wilder, a rematch or maybe Joseph Parker if he beats Hughie (If that ever actually happens that is).

I think Wilder would be an easier fight for Joshua than Wlad was- I think style wise he'd find it much easier. Wilder would swing away and Joshua could pick him off.

Comment

• Oh my, what a fight. I have to give it up to Klitschko. He showed a whole lot in that fight. Wow, what a fight. Much respect to Klitschko. Nothing but love for that performance.

AJ showed a lot as well, great resolve.

The Heavyweight Division is back! And Wladimir Klitschko can stay around still for a few more fights definitely.

I'm excited about the Heavyweight division today!

Comment

• Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
            I noticed watching the replay, starting around the 9th, Banks telling Klitschko he had one more round. Incidentally that's when I saw a little doubt setting in on Klitschko. I don't know if that's a good thing to tell a fighter especiallly since Klitschko was doing well around that time.
            I wonder what he meant by that. I remember wondering the same thing. Round 9 -- and 1 more round? 1 more round for what? Suppose he was privy to his usb stick prediction ?

Comment

• Originally posted by devildg View Post
              he's British, Afro-Americans can't really claim him
              Damn this is dumbest thing I've read in a very long time. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no green k and may have God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

• GIFs: Joshua vs. Klitschko

This guy is sloppy with his punches! look at him! Klitch was picking dem ****s off and rolling with them and this is how most of Joshuas KO's come about....I mean for all dat KO power they been talking about a chiny Wladimir kept getting up! so now Klitschko got a chin ha? OH hes now at the end of prime too?! They don't want no part of the 'Bronze-Bomber'.

Comment

• Not the best Klitschko performance, but probably the best fight involving Klitschko ever. I thought he was shot, but he really came to win. If Joshua improves even further, he may carry the crown for a very long time. He should drop some of that unneccesary bulk, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                    Round 2 was a clear AJ round, just watched it again and Wlad maybe landed 5 punches the whole round while AJ landed at least 10 to his head/body. AJ did a good job of working Wlad's body throughout the fight especially early on.

Round 5 was 10-8, AJ dominated him from the bell, ripping combos but tiring himself out in the process. He dropped him, Wlad got up and did manage to string together some combos but nearly every single punch he threw on the ropes missed. AJ was more tired than hurt, his mouth was wide open very early on.
                    You could give round 2 to AJ, but round 5 was definitely a 9-9 round. Wlad hurt AJ after the knockdown and put the heat on him during the second part of that round. Rounds 6-10 was Wlad outboxing AJ. My card was 95-93 Wlad going into the 11th.

Comment

• Both fighters showed a lot of heart.

And I got it all wrong with betting: I had thrown money on AJ within the first 3 and on Klitschko at the 11th (at +76 !!!).

Damn.

Comment

Working...
                      X