Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward's Perspective on Role Race Plays in How He is Covered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's lookism not racism and Ward is a victim of it. It's the unspoken truth in society and I'm shocked people are ignoring that in this thread.
    Last edited by Vadrigar.; 04-14-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• The thing of it is about Andre Ward is that a lot of fans and media seem to talk and feel the same way about him as they felt did Floyd Mayweather at a certain point in his career. They used to say about Mayweather that he was ****y, arrogant, a trash talker and too flashy. While some of those qualities might have been apparent in Mayweather they are not in Ward yet people have read into Ward's career and personality with such a petty fine toothed comb that they have some how come up with the same characteristics for Ward. This is quite interesting to me. And at least says that there was more to the Mayweather hatred than his personality. Because Mayweather and Ward have completely different personalities yet they recieve that same kind of criticism about their personalities.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
        Ward is not liked because his character not his skin color. And I could give dozens of examples of what a jerk he is, but I don't have the time. And the theory theory that Americans rather root for a Russian than an Olympic gold medal winning black guy, its just pain ludicrous. Hell the reason he was given that gift over Kovalev was because of anti-Russian sentiment. He was given the victory precisely because he was the American gold medal winner. Before I am accused of racism my fav fighters are Hagler, Norris, and Toney. 3 fighter who never made excuses and only fought the best.
        where was all this american bias in 2010 when kovalev won a split decision against boone in his hometown of atlanta? Boone even scored a knockdown in round seven. tell me where was the pro american love that night? you didn't hear kovalev cry about judges that night. hes a clown, a sore loser and a neanderthal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
          It's lookism not racism and Ward is a victim of it. It's the unspoken truth in society and I'm shocked people are ignoring that in this thread.
          Lookism is racism but you would have to not be racist to understand that.

Comment

• Originally posted by peplz View Post
            Lookism is racism but you would have to not be racist to understand that.
            Nonsense. Ward is not hated because of his race, it's because he is ugly.

Again two different things. Accusing me of being racist for pointing out this unspoken truth, shows your lack of reading comprehension.
            Last edited by Vadrigar.; 04-14-2017, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
              I feel like the major reason people don't commend ward on his getting up off the canvas etc is because he never really fought back with the intensity he was losing the fight

He obviously made adjustments, and kovalev did tire. But did he ever take over the fight? No.
              He just made it ugly and made it competitive (well done for doing so) but saying things like oh if it was someone else everyone would rate it as the greatest comeback ever is just wrong

The point I'm getting at is, the real truth to the critique to ward from fans is... That the majority thought he LOST the fight
              Maybe if he lost (officially) the fans might say what toughness he showed. But he was given the fight, and there is obvious backlash (black or white)
              So stick that race **** to the past where it belongs

Ps
              Ward is half white as well ??? Watever
              He has a painful style and a displeasing personality
              But I'm pumped for the rematch!
              Racism is not in the past. It is very much so in the present. And to be in denial of that is racism. How in the world do you think Donald Trump got elected? Its because there are enough racists in America that voted for him to get him elected.

Comment

• Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
                where was all this american bias in 2010 when kovalev won a split decision against boone in his hometown of atlanta? Boone even scored a knockdown in round seven. tell me where was the pro american love that night? you didn't hear kovalev cry about judges that night. hes a clown, a sore loser and a neanderthal.
                Or Jacobs??? In his own hometown in a VERY close fight?? I was listening to a UK staion and they were calling it a ROBBERY! Most UK experts thought Jacobs beat GGG. Just sayin???

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
                  I agree with this and Im black...

I watched the Ward v Kov fight at an Irish bar full of white folks rooting for Ward.....and most of us booed loudly at the decision. I hear some folks mentioning the body work Ward did....WHAT BODY WORK?? He did nothing but hold and throw short armed punches. When he bent over and grabbed Kov's legs (lifting one off the floor) and wasn't even warned, I was like where is Tony Weeks when you need him. And Ward did not win that 12th rd.

Comment

• Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
                    Since the super six ward has fought Dawson Barrera and kovalev he's only had five fights since the super six hours is that low level comp when Barrera just stopped a top prospect and was undefeated kovalev was undefeated and ap4p fighter and Dawson had just beat Hopkins? Grow up
                    I has some GGGTards try and tell convince me Barrera was cherry pick??? Trid telling me House Arrest Wade was the REAL DEAL and Barrera wasn't SHT!!!

GUESS who is the JOKE while the other one is climbing up the ladder???

Comment

• Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
                      I feel like the major reason people don't commend ward on his getting up off the canvas etc is because he never really fought back with the intensity he was losing the fight

He obviously made adjustments, and kovalev did tire. But did he ever take over the fight? No.
                      He just made it ugly and made it competitive (well done for doing so) but saying things like oh if it was someone else everyone would rate it as the greatest comeback ever is just wrong

The point I'm getting at is, the real truth to the critique to ward from fans is... That the majority thought he LOST the fight
                      Maybe if he lost (officially) the fans might say what toughness he showed. But he was given the fight, and there is obvious backlash (black or white)
                      So stick that race **** to the past where it belongs

Ps
                      Ward is half white as well ??? Watever
                      He has a painful style and a displeasing personality
                      But I'm pumped for the rematch!
                      Painful style equals he beats top fighters and makes it look easy. Displeasing personality equals always being polite, confident and respectful. People having a problem with that is bizarre which begs the question of whether race plays a role.

Comment

Working...
                      X