Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one that thinks Broner's punching technique is kinda odd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one that thinks Broner's punching technique is kinda odd?

I don't know if it's just his mannerisms or what but some of his punches in that Theophane fight look like slaps, especially his left hook

His left hook Technique is pretty good. It's like Floyd's but not quite.

Fast, snappy & rangy.

more arm than body but still does decent damage. The damage is the followup right hand.

The reason it looks like a slap is because he doesn't turn the hand over...but when you throw a hook from range like that you can't turn it over, the elbow angle increases and the elbow is lower down.
    Last edited by miniq; 04-04-2016, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by miniq View Post

Fast, snappy & rangy.

more arm than body but still does decent damage. The damage is the followup right hand.

The reason it looks like a slap is because he doesn't turn the hand over...but when you throw a hook from range like that you can't turn it over, the elbow angle increases and the elbow is lower down.
      Well said, good post

Comment

Fast, snappy & rangy.

I disagree in a sense...He does slap in the sense he gets a lot of "whip" on his punches.. His right uppercut is a thing of beauty...You see Broner boxs on a plain...Imagine a straight line from his shoulders, everything comes straight out from there. If he punches the body then he drop his body down then punches.. It's developed from him wanting to look cool while he boxes in my honest opinion.When he starts changing levels and angles quickly in the pocket he is one the most effective fighters in the sport but unfortunately his fatass can only produce it for about 30 seconds a fight.. I emulate Broner/Canelo most when I box and you notice these things.

Comment

I like his punching technique. His throws a lot of very nice shots in technical terms. It's everything else about him that's odd. He has a weird posture, a stiff waddling way of moving, and a limited range of upper body movement. He just looks a bit weird in general in there.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
            I disagree in a sense...He does slap in the sense he gets a lot of "whip" on his punches.. His right uppercut is a thing of beauty...You see Broner boxs on a plain...Imagine a straight line from his shoulders, everything comes straight out from there. If he punches the body then he drop his body down then punches.. It's developed from him wanting to look cool while he boxes in my honest opinion.When he starts changing levels and angles quickly in the pocket he is one the most effective fighters in the sport but unfortunately his fatass can only produce it for about 30 seconds a fight.. I emulate Broner/Canelo most when I box and you notice these things.
            Meh his right uppercut is always telegraphed, see him trying to set it up from a mile away...theopane fight was a great example. When he has tall come forward fighters like Molina or DeMarco he does well with it.

Comment

Meh his right uppercut is always telegraphed, see him trying to set it up from a mile away...theopane fight was a great example. When he has tall come forward fighters like Molina or DeMarco he does well with it.
              I thought it was on point vs Khabib..

Comment

His punching technique isnt the problem. The fact that he plants his legs like trees before he punches is

Comment

Broner is a consummate professional.

Comment

Working...
                  X