Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait, why the hell are people comparing Khan's resume to Froch's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody who compares Froch's record to Khan's has got to be a troll

Comment

So Khan is in his prime and Froch is very much in his twilight years and Froch is beating better quality opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
        you can quite obviously see he meant at the same point in their career.
        Khan said nothing to suggest this.

And even if he did, they have about the same amount of fights so they're currently both at the same place in their pro careers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
          People are comparing because Khan said, and I quote:

"Carl's always got his little things to say and I'll leave it to that really. If he wants to retire he can retire. I'm in a tougher division, I'm fighting better opposition and I'm a bigger name than him. That's what burns him really."

Enough said really, people and fans have opinions on that kind of comment. It was a stupid thing to say, but that isn't unusual for Khan.
          Khan says dumb shit, but so does Froch.

''I lost a very, very close decision to Ward''

Come on. Let's not be biased here.

Comment

Because Khan said he fights in better division against tougher opponents.

That's why.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Khan said nothing to suggest this.

And even if he did, they have about the same amount of fights so they're currently both at the same place in their pro careers.
              Exactly.

At no point did he suggest he was saying "At the same point in our careers"

I guess Khan is fighting in a tougher division "at the same time in their careers"

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                I just dont understand how people hate Khan so much...

People say he is sooo ****y its usually just the generic boxer talk during interviews about how they think they are the best in their divisions and this and that.

But Khan has been taking hard legitimate fights one after another for pretty much 3 straight years. He schedules fights consistently he may have over reacted about the Peterson decision but he has been very classy in the Garcia defeat.

I dont know people will hate who they want I just have a hard time hating any fighter in this day and age who makes dangerous fights consistently.
                Haters. It's in their blood to hate. Their own miserable lifes are so dead all they can do is hate on other successfull people.

In a day and age where so many are ducking and cherrypicking, boring their way to victory, here we have a young fighter who's willing to take on all corners and is RISKING HIS OWN CHANCE OF WINNING to give people some bang for their buck and provide them with some entertainment yet they still slaughter him

''I dont know people will hate who they want I just have a hard time hating any fighter in this day and age who makes dangerous fights consistently''

This is a great quote, love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  Khan - 29 fights

Froch - 31 fights

Yes it's fair.

Froch - 35

Khan - 25

No, i wouldn't call that fair.

Goes to show that Khan has taken a much much tougher route than Froch did by the age of 25. At the age of 30 nevermind 25, Froch was an absolute nobody. And look at him. He has one of the best resume's in Boxing. Who knows what Khan can achieve in 10 years time.

Comment

Froch - 35

Khan - 25

Goes to show that Khan has taken a much much tougher route than Froch did by the age of 25. At the age of 30 nevermind 25, Froch was an absolute nobody. And look at him. He has one of the best resume's in Boxing. Who knows what Khan can achieve in 10 years time.
                    not much if he keeps getting ko'd. what froch is doing is even more impressive because he's old and slow. khan is fast and in his prime and keep getting dummayed.

Comment

Froch - 35

Khan - 25

They have almost the same number of fights, it's fair to compare them. Also Khan's career at the top is pretty much over unless he does some serious handpicking.

Comment

Working...
                      X