Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ortiz: Jaw broken in 2 places, internal bleeding back of the neck, 3 screws in jaw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
    Damn hopefully he recovers soon enough to get the first shot at Lopez again. I want to see that rematch.
    I don't think they mentioned the recovery time, I guess these things can be unpredictable. They did say the doctors have to constantly monitor the progress and make sure its healing ok so i doubt Ortiz will be able to even do any hard exercise routines for a while until it stabilizes.

Comment

damn...that sounds horrible to have and experience.. if anything he's just not built for wars, it is what it is

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
        Floyd cracked Victor's jaw, literally. This just proves how big a puncher Floyd really is.
        I was waiting for it and poof here it is a mayweather comment-_-

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          I don't think they mentioned the recovery time, I guess these things can be unpredictable. They did say the doctors have to constantly monitor the progress and make sure its healing ok so i doubt Ortiz will be able to even do any hard exercise routines for a while until it stabilizes.
          Not even that so much it'll set pretty fast cause of plate and screws it's the infection they gotta look out for. Also make sure when he has X-rays that no lil bones chip off and puncture another vain/artery

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
            Listening to a radio show now, one of Ortiz team confirmed he had the jaw broken in 2 places, internal bleeding in the back of the neck which needed urgent attention and he had 3 screws and a metal plate fixed into the jaw. He asked the doc if he can fight again and doc said absolutely, the jaw will actually be stronger than before because nothing will break the plate, it's made out of the same material as airplanes.
            So to put it into simple terms:

He got his ass taxed, beaten, and raped!

Comment

sometimes it takes up to 5 weeks just to open your mouth half way depending on the severity of the injury...some people never go back to been 100%...hopefully he does recover...would love to see a part ll to this war...

Comment

metal plate? is it still legal for him to fight professionally with a metal plate on his jaw?...

Comment

Originally posted by ronnie_N. View Post
                  metal plate? is it still legal for him to fight professionally with a metal plate on his jaw?...

Yes. Arthur Abraham has a steel plate in his jaw too.

Comment

Working...
                  X