No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Says Monzon Comments Misunderstood

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Says Monzon Comments Misunderstood

WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez said some recent comments which he gave in an interview, regarding the legendary Carlos Monzon, were misunderstood and taken out of context. Monzon held the middleweight crown for 7 years and defended it 14 times. He passed away in 1995. Most regard him as the greatest fighter to come out of Argentina.

[Click Here To Read More]

I don't see anything wrong with the comments but Monzon would've won. Too much pressure with hard accurate punches and a good chin. Sergio speed advantage but that's about it...

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez said some recent comments which he gave in an interview, regarding the legendary Carlos Monzon, were misunderstood and taken out of context. Monzon held the middleweight crown for 7 years and defended it 14 times. He passed away in 1995. Most regard him as the greatest fighter to come out of Argentina.

[Click Here To Read More]
      Carlos Monzon would have beaten the crap out of Sergio Martinez.

Comment

Sergio is great but monzon was more great!!!

Comment

Monzon...pretty much unparalleled.

Comment

I remember Sergio saying that in his book Monzon was the greatest ever. Anyhow, I like his 'they would have to put me in a wooden crate if they want to beat me' attitude.

Comment

I like Sergio, but Monzon beats him in a fantasy fight. Simply the best from Argentina.

Comment

What is it with this motherfucker and talking shit about great middleweight champions? First Chavez and now Monzon. Is it because they don't fight enough goat-farmers from Eastern Europe, or part-time British janitors for Martinez's taste?

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
                  What is it with this motherfucker and talking shit about great middleweight champions? First Chavez and now Monzon. Is it because they don't fight enough goat-farmers from Eastern Europe, or part-time British janitors for Martinez's taste?
                  so much fail in this post, but the bolded is my favourite...

Comment

Didn't see the original quote.... But I have no problem with this one

Comment

Working...
                    X