Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: Like I Said - I'm Not Gone From Boxing, I'm Still Here!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
    Where is De La Hoya with all his "Matthysse might end Pacquiao's career" bullshėt?

Incidentally, Matthysse is as shot as you can get, and not from now.
    Oscar was kissing Manny's ass all week. I think he's trying to sign him or something lol It won't work but it was funny

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
      This pretty much confirms it.

I'm guessing his minimum purse will be $20 million lol I could see the bids getting near $30 million. As long as it's timed right. Have him fight in Malaysia or another global spot that lines up with US primetime (can't fight here apparently because the IRS is on him.)

Top Rank - Loma
      Showtime - Mikey or Broner
      Hearn - Khan

It'll be interesting to see who wins this auction lol

If Manny was smart he'd fight Broner, beat him, then squeeze two checks out of this whole thing lol
      Khan would of been KTFO last night

Broner same but with tears afterwards.

Mikey probably would of said No Mas.

Loma would of been like DAMN hes fast!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        The fight seemed a lil staged and Matty looked like a duck but Pac skill wise had it ALL going at once last night! His combos, angles, and shot selection were perfect. His speed was relentless. Ill have to rewatch the fight but I saw no flaws in his game

He scored an A+ last night. Good-Job Mr. Pacman.
        Pacman did well for his age, but Matthysse was practically dead. No will to fight whatsoever. To me, the Argentinian ended his career for good against Postol.

Comment

This pretty much confirms it.

I'm guessing his minimum purse will be $20 million lol I could see the bids getting near $30 million. As long as it's timed right. Have him fight in Malaysia or another global spot that lines up with US primetime (can't fight here apparently because the IRS is on him.)

Top Rank - Loma
          Showtime - Mikey or Broner
          Hearn - Khan

It'll be interesting to see who wins this auction lol

If Manny was smart he'd fight Broner, beat him, then squeeze two checks out of this whole thing lol
          ... that for sure...

Comment

Pacquiao looked strong and clearly had Matthysse flustered with his uppercuts and straight left. But as a huge Pacquiao fan I have to be honest with myself. I felt like Pacquiao looked lackluster. Matthysse looked shot, either that or really pissed that he couldn't get off. Pacman threw some solid punches and just when it looked like he was about to rev up fell short and resorted to throwing 2-3 punches at a time.

Pacquiao looked good in victory and he did well against someone his size that wasn't able to rough him around. But I can't help but wonder if this fight was makeup trying to cover up the real problem; Pacquiao's decline has accelerated after his Jessie Vargas win he's no longer an elite fighter. I hope he retires tbh as his fan. That's just my analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              Khan would of been KTFO last night

Broner same but with tears afterwards.

Mikey probably would of said No Mas.

Loma would of been like DAMN hes fast!!!
              You know, as much as I have been loving watching Pacquiao fight all these years, I'd make a case of him losing all four of the fight you mention.

Last night, what I liked about him was that he was patient, not wasting useless energies. Against someone like THIS version of Matthysse, even I would look "fast".

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
                Pacquiao looked strong and clearly had Matthysse flustered with his uppercuts and straight left. But as a huge Pacquiao fan I have to be honest with myself. I felt like Pacquiao looked lackluster. Matthysse looked shot, either that or really pissed that he couldn't get off. Pacman threw some solid punches and just when it looked like he was about to rev up fell short and resorted to throwing 2-3 punches at a time.

Pacquiao looked good in victory and he did well against someone his size that wasn't able to rough him around. But I can't help but wonder if this fight was makeup trying to cover up the real problem; Pacquiao's decline has accelerated after his Jessie Vargas win he's no longer an elite fighter. I hope he retires tbh as his fan. That's just my analysis.
                I think we all agree (even if some won't admit it lol). But that man wants to get a nest egg. So he has to fight once or twice more.

I don't like it, but it's the reality of things.

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post

It's a pretty accurate analysis. I, too, think that Pacman should hang 'em up right now.

Comment

I think we all agree (even if some won't admit it lol). But that man wants to get a nest egg. So he has to fight once or twice more.

I don't like it, but it's the reality of things.
                    Yeah I feel like some people don't want to admit it. I'm happy he won but it's not something he looked spectacular in. Pacquiao is definitely in shape, still has pop, and his experience carries him. But like I said, Matthysse looked shot and Pacquiao's age has shown more since the Horn fight. It's crazy because it feels like his decline started to pick up more after he beat Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                      It's a pretty accurate analysis. I, too, think that Pacman should hang 'em up right now.
                      Same here. He can go out on a high note, but I think it's more likely we see him back in the ring. Being a Pacquiao fan is hard right now because each fight you gotta wonder; "Is this the one? Or will Pacquiao pick up the win?"

Comment

Working...
                      X