Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 07-14-2018, 03:14 AM #41
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6038 Post(s)
WBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,030.38
Total Points: 22,903.60
Some tissue to clean up all the bs you want people to believe - Robbie Barrett One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder My word you are living your fantasies through this forum - !a! No one believes your lies LOL - !a! LIES, LIES and LIES - !a! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico malo loc View Post
i dont understand why they started recognizing the crappy wbo its not like boxing needs another organization! they might as well recognize the ibo trinket to!
Frank Warren was the top promoter in the UK. Don King and Bob Arum had a virtual monopoly on the WBC, WBA and IBF. Warren decided it was better for his business to focus on the unrecognized WBO and have as many belts as he wanted rather than not have world title fights. His network went along with the ruse. UK fans were quickly tricked into recognizing the WBO as that was simply the title their top promoter & network were choosing to feature.

Arum is the one that largely put the WBO on the map in the US. He's also the one responsible for the acceptance of the IBF. Whenever Don King controlled too many titles, Arum would jump in bed with an unrecognized organization so he could have more belts. He even tried it with the IBA at one point when King gained control of the IBF.
WBC WBA IBF is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-14-2018, 03:52 AM #42
Interim Champion

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Kiowhatta has much to be proud ofKiowhatta has much to be proud ofKiowhatta has much to be proud ofKiowhatta has much to be proud ofKiowhatta has much to be proud ofKiowhatta has much to be proud ofKiowhatta has much to be proud ofKiowhatta has much to be proud of
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 7,068.48

Aren't the people involved embarrassed?

This is an old whipping post in boxing, going back to the sixties when the WBA and WBC were formed as rival sanctioning bodies because no true 'world' organisation existed before then.

What is astonishing is that there seems to be both a ridiculous overload and overlapping of 'titles' (can someone tell me the difference between an international and world champion)? as well as enough 'fighters' to fill out all 4-5 major sanctioning bodies with some having multiple titles in each of the 17 weight classes with an average of over 100 titles available not counting the minor sanctioning bodies, regional titles or 'silver' etc.

There does not seem to be an answer to the question of how to 'tidy up' what is essentially the closest example in sport of an unbridled, free market, laissez-faire economic culture, despite all the promises and new promoters, new bodies who all declare that their model will make boxing the best sport it can be.

The funny part is it wasn't planned that way. It has evolved into what it is through profiteering, greed and opportunity.
Of course, the history of boxing is more complex than almost anybody can recall, but the real questions are:

Is there and end point to this growth? What will boxing look like in 20 years?
Kiowhatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:29 AM #43
No More UK Stoppages

Quoted: 10261 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 38,905.61
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&amp;w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
To wipe that ass lol - BigZ44 Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 

The WBA is just ridiculous with this super champion, regular champion, and interim champion nonsense.

I agree that this puts them at the bottom of the barrel right along with the WBO.

The WBC and the IBF are currently the best of the bunch. Having only one belt would be preferable but until then I have no choice but to support these two.

Simply because they are the lesser of these evils.
ShoulderRoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 06:32 PM #44
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 14767 Post(s)
aboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 56,818.27
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 Undisputed - travestyny 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
Frank Warren was the top promoter in the UK. Don King and Bob Arum had a virtual monopoly on the WBC, WBA and IBF. Warren decided it was better for his business to focus on the unrecognized WBO and have as many belts as he wanted rather than not have world title fights. His network went along with the ruse. UK fans were quickly tricked into recognizing the WBO as that was simply the title their top promoter & network were choosing to feature.

Arum is the one that largely put the WBO on the map in the US. He's also the one responsible for the acceptance of the IBF. Whenever Don King controlled too many titles, Arum would jump in bed with an unrecognized organization so he could have more belts. He even tried it with the IBA at one point when King gained control of the IBF.

something that is corrupt as well as flawed has no credibility

not sure why you cannot see that

I am an expert - due to 16 years experience - at working out what TRULY motivates people..... and I have no idea what is TRULY motivating you to come to a different conclusion than everyone else

you seem " invested " somehow..... maybe it will become more clear in future
aboutfkntime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 06:33 PM #45
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6038 Post(s)
WBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 22,903.60
Some tissue to clean up all the bs you want people to believe - Robbie Barrett One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder My word you are living your fantasies through this forum - !a! No one believes your lies LOL - !a! LIES, LIES and LIES - !a! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutfkntime View Post
something that is corrupt as well as flawed has no credibility
Who told you boxing was credible? It's one step removed from pro wrestling.
WBC WBA IBF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 06:39 PM #46
Undisputed Champion

aboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond repute
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 Undisputed - travestyny 

the WBA are clearly making no effort to live up to their promise to remove the regular/interim titles

that is what the WBA promised at 160 when they ordered Golovkin/Jacobs ..... but now we have Murata
Old 07-14-2018, 06:42 PM #47
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
Who told you boxing was credible? It's one step removed from pro wrestling.

excellent, you are getting there.....

now..... all you need to do is cut the umbilical cord and let the nasty ABC's float away..... so that we can have our credibility back

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:58 PM #48
No More UK Stoppages

ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&amp;w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
To wipe that ass lol - BigZ44 Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 

Quote:
excellent, you are getting there.....

now..... all you need to do is cut the umbilical cord and let the nasty ABC's float away..... so that we can have our credibility back

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Getting rid of all the alphabet groups would be terrific.

But until that happens there's nothing wrong with pointing out the ones that are worse than the others.

Right now the WBA is a complete joke.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:30 PM #49
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh|ts on Brits View Post
Getting rid of all the alphabet groups would be terrific.

But until that happens there's nothing wrong with pointing out the ones that are worse than the others.

Right now the WBA is a complete joke.

agreed, but so are the others

I judge the ABC's on their recent body-of-work, not just one issue

indicating that one is worse, is the same a indicating that one is better..... which is far too close to accepting mediocrity to me

NONE are even close to being acceptable, all are fatally flawed

this is just a turd-polishing contest
Old 07-14-2018, 09:48 PM #50
No More UK Stoppages

Quote:
agreed, but so are the others

I judge the ABC's on their recent body-of-work, not just one issue

indicating that one is worse, is the same a indicating that one is better..... which is far too close to accepting mediocrity to me

NONE are even close to being acceptable, all are fatally flawed

this is just a turd-polishing contest
The IBF sticks to their rulebook which is a good example for the others.

If we could magically have just one ABC then I would hope they too have clear, transparent rules that they stick to and that everyone knows about ahead of time.

Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 07-14-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List