Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew Shreds Wilder: Nobody Knows Him, No Country Backing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The partisan posters are a funny bunch.

Comment

• I am a boxing fan and of course, I support Anthony Joshua. Americans supported Mayweather Jr and he was always right until the fight with Pac marinated. What has changed now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oshio View Post
        I am a boxing fan and of course, I support Anthony Joshua. Americans supported Mayweather Jr and he was always right until the fight with Pac marinated. What has changed now?
        may actually beat many many world class fighters in multiple divs. we dont praise a guy just cause hes american. thats fncking silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
          may actually beat many many world class fighters in multiple divs. we dont praise a guy just cause hes american. thats fncking silly.
          I agree with you 100%. He did beat Heavies in his 50 fights. Bottom Line, he gained massive support the way he conducted business with B sides. True?

PS: How many A-list heavies has Wilder fought in 40 to draw a bargaining power?

Comment

• How badly do you want josh? Sometimes you got to sell your so ul. You fought 38 nobodies. just make this compromise once in your career. It's not a big deal to sell yourself short once in career to get fight you want. Yes, Josh is being stubborn but so what?
            Just sign contract

Comment

• Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
              Bellew towing the company line, but some points here
              That's pretty much my take on it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                Is Bellew trying to get a quick fat check by being blown out in one by Wilder?
                I doubt it, Bellew want's none of Wilder but he does get paid well by Matchroom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oshio View Post
                  I agree with you 100%. He did beat Heavies in his 50 fights. Bottom Line, he gained massive support the way he conducted business with B sides. True?

PS: How many A-list heavies has Wilder fought in 40 to draw a bargaining power?
                  may knew being the bad guy sells. and winning sells more. combine them and voila.

aj has a shot wlad.
                  dw has, umm.....40 y/o king kong ???

NEITHER GUY has the resume to make a person sweat or gawk at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reverb View Post
                    There's a lot of predictable blabbing on here but there's a point he bought up which I haven't seen an answer to here.
                    Why didn't Wilder chase Klitschko?
                    When asked that a couple of years ago Wilder said Wlad told him he would have to wait. It was around the same time Parker told him no.
                    Why do you think he was willing to fight AJ but not Wilder? He sparred with them both extensively.

Comment

• Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
                      When asked that a couple of years ago Wilder said Wlad told him he would have to wait. It was around the same time Parker told him no.
                      Why do you think he was willing to fight AJ but not Wilder? He sparred with them both extensively.
                      I don’t have any insight into why Wilder didn’t make a lot of noise about Klitschko for and extended time, nor why he didn't put much practical effort into making fights happen with top guys.
                      Joshua who brings in a fortune, comes along with a collection of belts Wilder could have chased up, and now we have a noise. I don't know what that says about Wilder.
                      Assuming they both keep winning they'll fight, just not as soon as we'd all like. They all want money, so it'll most likely happen eventually. (even of one loses a fight and gets a couple wins back under their belt).

One thought I consider a possibility is Wilder's style and broad marketability was considered a risk by his backers and there wasn't enough money bet behind him to bring in top names. If Wilder himself was making 2 million tops, despite his KO record, what was the appeal of the payday for prospective opponents to take the risk?
                      Just a possibility, I don't know.
                      Last edited by Reverb; 07-02-2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X