Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I Won't Accept Flat Fee; Now It's 50-50 for Joshua Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    We still don’t have the evidence. Hearn claimed if the contract was signed then Wilder is next, Finkel claimed they would get back to them on Friday with a sign contract after hearing of the guarantee that they were next. All of a sudden the WBA gets involved, Do I believe Hearn? Nope, do I believe Finkel nope. The truth is between those two. The only thing I can see is those two working together to push this fight further down the line.
    Finkel's story makes sense. Hearn's story doesn't make sense. Finkel's story was that he was going to send a signed contract on Friday with the date Eddie gave him. He was just waiting for the date. When Eddie finally gave him a date, it was April 2019. At that point, the Wilder side pulled out because Hearn was blatantly reneging on his promise that the fight would be next.

Hearn's story doesn't make any sense because if he was really willing to do the fight next, he wouldn't have publicly confirmed Povetkin as the next opponent when there was still at least 10 days to get a Wilder fight signed considering the WBA hadn't ordered a purse bid yet.

I understand why fans are confused. But if you know the ins and outs of the sanctioning bodies, it becomes very clear Eddie is full of it because that WBA statement wouldn't have stopped Eddie from making the Wilder fight. The WBA saying you have 24 hours means nothing. 24 hours or what? Or they'll order a purse bid? Who cares. That takes two weeks and you can sign Wilder in that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      Finkel's story makes sense. Hearn's story doesn't make sense. Finkel's story was that he was going to send a signed contract on Friday with the date Eddie gave him. He was just waiting for the date. When Eddie finally gave him a date, it was April 2019. At that point, the Wilder side pulled out because Hearn was blatantly reneging on his promise that the fight would be next.

Hearn's story doesn't make any sense because if he was really willing to do the fight next, he wouldn't have publicly confirmed Povetkin as the next opponent when there was still at least 10 days to get a Wilder fight signed considering the WBA hadn't ordered a purse bid yet.

I understand why fans are confused. But if you know the ins and outs of the sanctioning bodies, it becomes very clear Eddie is full of it because that WBA statement wouldn't have stopped Eddie from making the Wilder fight. The WBA saying you have 24 hours means nothing. 24 hours or what? Or they'll order a purse bid? Who cares. That takes two weeks and you can sign Wilder in that time.
      I don’t believe neither of them. From what I gather if that fight was signed in time then it would have been in September (Before Canelo/GGG), after Canelo/GGG was confirmed then it was October/November. Could Hearn have come up with another excuse AFTER seeing a signed contract? Possibly but who knows as there wasn’t a signed one.

Now that Hearn is going with Povetkin for September the next date is April according to him, no way would he allow AJ to go without a fight for almost a year before fighting Wilder.

Comment

I don’t believe neither of them. From what I gather if that fight was signed in time then it would have been in September (Before Canelo/GGG), after Canelo/GGG was confirmed then it was October/November. Could Hearn have come up with another excuse AFTER seeing a signed contract? Possibly but who knows as there wasn’t a signed one.
        A signed contract for what though? The date was blank and Eddie told them to put in April 2019. It's not like they had a contract in hand for October/November. They had a contract with no date whatsoever and they were waiting for Hearn to tell them the date.

Comment

• Wilder needs to get someone to speak for him, theres no place for emotion in business

Comment

Now that Hearn is going with Povetkin for September the next date is April according to him, no way would he allow AJ to go without a fight for almost a year before fighting Wilder.
            What do you think of the timing of the WBA mandate? They had waited weeks and all of a sudden they couldn't wait two to three more days? Particularly in light of the fact that the only thing that was preventing a signed contract was a date and then you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              What do you think of the timing of the WBA mandate? They had waited weeks and all of a sudden they couldn't wait two to three more days? Particularly in light of the fact that the only thing that was preventing a signed contract was a date and then you.
              Phucking dodgy and believe me I know Hearn was at work there.

Comment

Phucking dodgy and believe me I know Hearn was at work there.
                That's the way I see it. I just hope that Wilder and his team can be a little bit smarter about the way they approach negotiation for and April fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                  That's the way I see it. I just hope that Wilder and his team can be a little bit smarter about the way they approach negotiation for and April fight.
                  Thats exactly what am hoping for, hearn is a sneaky basta*d. Don't feed his ego, they need something from him so play it smart.

Comment

• Obviously Wilder was only prepared to make all the concessions that were asked of him in order to make the fight happen soon, now that's off the table he's decided that he doesn't want to, which I think is fair. He's not gonna get 50/50, anybody can see that, but something like 60/40 would be a fair split. Hearn / Joshua haven't come out of this situation looking good, so they're going to need this fight one way or another eventually. Depending on what happens between then and now Wilder might be able to set himself up in a stronger position to negotiate a fairer deal. He's got to keep fighting a high calibre of opponent though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deus View Post
                      Except they didn't offer Wilder less than they did Parker.

Wilder accepted $15million. Parker made less than $12.5million apparently.

I'm not sure you understand boxing... Wilder won't become Joshua's mandatory because Wilder is the WBC champion and thus not in the rankings for any of Joshua's belts.
                      I do, what I'm saying is, that this guy won't fight him. Period!

Comment

Working...
                      X