Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrian Broner Should Have Signed With Roc Nation and Took That 40 Million!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    That number was never confirmed. I know that was the rumor but I can't see Broner turning that down. Unless Al has some dirt on Broner on some Ray Donovan sh.it. And as dumb as Broner is I wouldn't doubt it.
    naw naw, i dont like to think like that.

I just think broner invested in himself like any real MAN would who really believe in himself should, it just looks like it was a bad bet.
    but broner hella young can easily turn it around, its his attitude taht kills him imo.

Comment

haymon was just being a good manager by turning that down for his client

Comment

That number was never confirmed. I know that was the rumor but I can't see Broner turning that down. Unless Al has some dirt on Broner on some Ray Donovan sh.it. And as dumb as Broner is I wouldn't doubt it.

yeah who knows what the actual details of the terms were. Maybe its "up to 40 million" ect. I doubt they were writing him a check for 40 million right there. Supposedly they did something like that with cotto but we have to just go with whatever they tell us, its not like we are privy to all the details.

most likely he would have been better taking it though.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
          naw naw, i dont like to think like that.

I just think broner invested in himself like any real MAN would who really believe in himself should, it just looks like it was a bad bet.
          but broner hella young can easily turn it around, its his attitude taht kills him imo.
          Broner is who he is and that's a flawed boxer. I don't know why he would turn down the offer and bet on himself. He's never been disciplined enough to make betting on himself pay off. He's too small for the WW division and he will struggle against even the average journeyman.

Comment

Broner is who he is and that's a flawed boxer. I don't know why he would turn down the offer and bet on himself. He's never been disciplined enough to make betting on himself pay off. He's too small for the WW division and he will struggle against even the average journeyman.
            I agree, hes next fight will be against Guerrero I have a feeling. Someone who he ducked but now who is on the sly end of his career who he can possibly beat because of the aforementioned reasons.

Comment

Broner has an extremely high opinion of his worth and thinks he deserves much more money than that.

Comment

He'd be getting even bigger gift decisions if he signed with rocnation

Comment

Roc nation would of had him on the shelf stop it at the end of the day he will make much more he's just a Pac fight away.

Comment

He would have lost an the guarantee would be out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                      Yep. The offer was $40M over 5 years. Broner bet on himself and failed. He thought he'd become bigger and this was before the Shawn Porter fight.

I doubt he's making much more than $1.5-2M per fight now.

I think Roc Nation really dodged a bullet. They'd be stuck overpaying a slightly above average fighter.
                      Wouldn't Roc Nation make that money back on Broner's merchandise?

Comment

Working...
                      X