Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What current ACTIVE fighters if they retired TODAY would be first ballot HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy Jones, Hopkins, Pacquiao, Marquez, Cotto, Wlad, donaire

Comment

All of the guys you listed are not really "active".

And I wouldn't be so sure about Ward. The way he wins is not first ballot to me, eeks out victories with questionable tactics, then wins the biggest fight of his career by robbery.

Cotto and Donaire...MAYBE--C0tto has lost most of his biggest fights aside from cripple Martinez, and Donaire had a very short lived run

I cannot help but feel most people overrate Andre Ward.

Comment

pretty much mentioned everybody..better question would be which fighter has the potential to be HOF material..

Loma , Crawford & Spence

Comment

I agree, but not Nonito though.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
            My picks

Roy Jones
            Bernard Hopkins
            Andre Ward
            Manny Pacquiao
            Miguel Cotto
            Nonito Donaire
            Wlad

Name more that i am missing please
            Roman Gonzalez will get in I'm sure. Marquez of course, unless you consider him retired, which I pretty much do, but he doesn't seem to want to commit to saying he is retired. Tim Bradley makes it I believe.

Comment

I actually think Lomachenko can already, based primarily on his two Olympic gold medals. I believe there was a Cuban fighter who got in because of his amateur accomplishments and well, two gold medals and a 396-1 record is hard to argue with. Plus he did beat two top guys in Gary Russell, Jr. and Nicolas Walters- both undefeated champions. With only 8 pro fights, it would be crazy but I can see it. Kovalev wouldn't just yet, but I'd say two or three more top wins and he can.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                All of the guys you listed are not really "active".

And I wouldn't be so sure about Ward. The way he wins is not first ballot to me, eeks out victories with questionable tactics, then wins the biggest fight of his career by robbery.

Cotto and Donaire...MAYBE--C0tto has lost most of his biggest fights aside from cripple Martinez, and Donaire had a very short lived run

I cannot help but feel most people overrate Andre Ward.
                On Cotto, I agree. He lost most of his big fights. Yes, he did fight them and was usually competitive, but I don't know. It's close for me.

As for Ward, I agree as well. His tactics are questionable but in the end, I see them letting him in either way.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                  My picks

Roy Jones
                  Bernard Hopkins
                  Andre Ward
                  Manny Pacquiao
                  Miguel Cotto
                  Nonito Donaire
                  Wlad

Name more that i am missing please
                  Well if they all retired at the same time then I don't know if they could all be on the same ballot (I think IBHOF sticks to 3 per year now).

In which case Pac, Hopkins and Jones would be admitted first.

JMM, Bradley and Froch are other fighters worth discussing. I'd have to think more about Roman Gonzalez being on there.
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-10-2016, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    Gennady Golovkin, Sergey Kovalev, Wladimir Klitschko, Paulie Malignaggi, Danny Garcia, Canelo, Joseph Parker, Tyson Fury, Billy Joe Saunders of the top of my head.

Not Andre Ward.
                    Please sign out.

If you think Malignaggi, Parker or BJS are as accomplished as Andre Ward you clearly don't know what the **** you are talking about.

Comment

Gotta be Joshua, he's just defeated all odds once again.

Comment

Working...
                      X