Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Survives Huge Scare, Knocks Ortiz Out in Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder should win this one on youthful age and athleticism. But he does telegraph his movement and punches somewhat and if he goes throwing those long wide haymakers too aggressively, he may just take a ko shot to the chin before one lands to Ortiz. Ortiz may be older, but he is still a big ole fella and strong as a bull. He definitely isn't any fat out of shape bermaine steverne "take a beating for a paycheck" fighter. He'll be there to win it. I'm going for the Ortiz to light Wilder up and turn out his lights.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasJK View Post
      Wilder should win this one on youthful age and athleticism. But he does telegraph his movement and punches somewhat and if he goes throwing those long wide haymakers too aggressively, he may just take a ko shot to the chin before one lands to Ortiz. Ortiz may be older, but he is still a big ole fella and strong as a bull. He definitely isn't any fat out of shape bermaine steverne "take a beating for a paycheck" fighter. He'll be there to win it. I'm going for the Ortiz to light Wilder up and turn out his lights.
      It’s funny how two fights turned Stiverne into a bum. He was held in pretty high regard before fighting Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        It’s funny how two fights turned Stiverne into a bum. He was held in pretty high regard before fighting Wilder.
        I have a feeling that even Joshua will turn in to a bum after this year

Comment

Wilder by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Just looking View Post
            I have a feeling that even Joshua will turn in to a bum after this year
            Bums! Bums everywhere!!

Comment

The first fight he was yes... then he sat around on his arse for 2 years doing bugger all (and clearly not training!), like a bum.

Anyway... Wilder KO. Think he'll just be too quick for Ortiz at this stage.

Comment

If Wilder just dominates Ortiz like he did in the Stevirne fight (first one, I don’t see the second one happening with Ortiz) then Wilder will be the next undisputed champ IMO.
                Exactly. Right now Ortiz is the hardest fight for Wilder, the only one I give a 50/50. If Wilder gets through there's no one stoping him for years

Comment

Wilder unifies HW Division

Bombsquad is getting smarter with every fight when he fights guys that he that are high level guys he uses his jab more. He fights taller and uses his reach that will definitely be the case against Ortiz. Ortiz is a high IQ fighter but Wilders jab will slow him down right hand bombs and uppercuts will take him out 9th 10th rd

Comment

I'm surprised only 70% say Wilder win here after watching Ortiz previous fights, do you think that's because wilder is seen as vulnerable? I know he was rocked by fringe fighters like Molina so is that what is making people think that?

What do the bookies have it?

Comment

Rooting for the big Cuban but keeping it real I think Wilder wins by stoppage.

I see it potentially looking like Stiverne 1 but with Ortiz getting stopped.
                      Tough one as I feel Wilder has real problems with southpaws but feel Ortiz is just way too slow and ponderous especially since around the time he beat Jennings.

Comment

Working...
                      X